Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Alittle bit of bad luck this weekend

Default Alittle bit of bad luck this weekend

So I hit the surf this week end and I ended up catching squat /:
    Perhaps the weather wasn't rite? Or maybe I just wasn't at the time and place
    Whatever the reason might have been I will definitely be going back I would just like some extra pointers or maybe how to tell where it may be a good spot or not
    Thanks in advance [=

Hi ya Got_fish?

The conditions have been tough with a few lucky hits and a lot of misses!

Just keep hitting your spots and try to be there at the same time as the fish....like the rest of us.

I put in 11 hours of fishing on Sunday, hitting 6 different AO's and landed (1) BSP at my 9th hr!
    What matters is.... that I was out there doing what it is that I luv doing! I'll take the rewards as they present them selves!

Hang in there my friend and never stop believing! It will happen for you soon!

SP Dan <"))><
    Last edited by SP Dan; 04-24-2012 at 08:03 PM.

For me, the same as Dan's comments except I fished Sat. 3 different AO's and nothing.

It's still early the farther north you go. So if you have patience and or time to travel south just hang in there and keep hitting it. The bigger fish are the one's that show up first.

WWO

Saw a ton of seaweed at Torrance today, waves were tiny 12".
    Thought of hitting the beach but it looked too dirty.
    DR

thanks alot guys i am completely new to this and i aprreciate any feed back =]
    at times i feel like i just dont have the rite technique and maybe te sport isnt for me because ive been at the beach for about 15 hours and havent caught a single perch -_-
    but then i get home and get on this website and read stories of you guys catching 30" fish and it inspires me to keep going back
    hopefully one of theese days ill come back with some pictures of theese giant fish and share my own story with you guys [=

You tried and that's what matters the most.
    Next time out, try a few different set-ups, carolina rig, drop shot, LC.
    Also, conditions recognition is very important.
    Look for trenches, structure, seaweed...all these play an important part in landing some fish.
    Good Luck,
    Robert
    <><