Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Apollo lake was on fire Sunday 4-22-12...

Default Apollo lake was on fire Sunday 4-22-12...

My buddy and I got to the lake at 2pm. By 5:30 I had my limit and my buddy had 3. All fish ranging about a pound or more and my last fish was a good 2lber. All fish caught on various garlic flavore dough baits with sparkle/glitter fished carolina style with a 2 foot leader. Then, outside of the lake caught on fire for an unknown reason to us and we were kicked out of the lake by 5:30pm.

I went alone yesterday morning and got to the lake at 9:30am. Fished until 1pm with out a single bite! What a transformation. 2 guys directly across from me were in the same situation as we were the day before. The first guy got limit in just a couple of hours and the 2nd guy had 2.

You can't win every time!

Sorry no pix.

The daughter and I fished there on Friday. It took about two hours and three moves to find the fish but when we did it was awesome. These fish were some of the strongest and best fighting fish I've gotten into in a long time. I was using 2-lb leader and we couldn't get them closer than 10 feet from the shore before they went into panic mode and burn out some line. We were walking them up and down the shore line trying to tire them out. We had three break off before I went to a 4-lb leader and then it was game over. Even with the 4-lb leader they still fought hard and you couldn't just muscle them in but at least they weren't snapping the line 10 feet from shore. They hit hard too...allot of them jumping two feet out of the water after getting hooked. It was the most fun I've had trout fishing in a long time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Apollo 4-20-12.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	34788

When I read the title, I thought you meant the fishing was hot, but I guess the place was really on fire.

@dent...Yea they fight like crazy! the funny thing is that they dont just bite, they grab your bait and make a mad dash for it! the exact scenario had happened to us as well funny how its the same lol...

@vortec. Yeah the fishing was on fire, but so was the lake. thats why i put the trick title hehe =P

I'm not sure where these trout came from, but I had one jump thrice. They all had 'roid rage. Even the smaller ones stripped line off the fly rod. Maybe it's because the water has warmed so much?

A guy fishing down the way from us said this last shipment of trout came from Idaho. I don't know about that but wherever they came from I hope they stock them again. Those fish turned the excitement meter up a notch.