Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shimano baitcaster problems please help

Default shimano baitcaster problems please help

my chronarch is stuck in free spool and the thumb button wont engage back to normal so i cant reel in any line ...... is this something i can fix myself or should i send it in to shimano? which i really dont want to do it takes way too long....... shimanos products have went way down in quality in my opinon seems like they are made to break

this happens to me a lot with an abu garcia round reel. I just usually take off the cover on the side and slide the pin back in place and that usually engages it

There's this little thing that looks like a circular chainsaw blade on the very bottom of the drive shaft, that circular saw blade rengages the spool and when it falls out of place, it can't hit the lever so it will fall back into retrieve mode. If your close to me bring it over and I will fix it for you if you don't feel safe doing it I'm in sfv

Default Set the hook!!

What Chronarch model is it, the new model or old ?

Model is important, they do have some differences...

Did it happen BAM, all of a sudden or get worse and worse with use & time...??????

Most of the Clutch assembly is Nylon/plastic, time will make it brittle...
    Slow over time could be several items wear & tear or misaligned.
    Could be the Kick lever or cog wheel also, if you slap the handle to get it back into gear, it damages the Lever, Or damages the Cog wheel.... Lot of issues to look at...

Would have to know more info. Or take a look..
    Pics may work to, but have to open it for that...

its the new model and it just happened all of the sudden and just stopped using it for the day.... the thumb button just simply wont engage back in place i can only cast not reel.... dont really know how to do all that picture stuff sorry

Maybe if we knew the general area you lived in, one of us might be able to take a look at for you.

I Have a Reel Repair Shop and am Located in Hesperia, high desert...
    If your near by, I would be happy to open it and try and fix it for ya...

Quote Originally Posted by Nessie Hunter View Post
    Maybe if we knew the general area you lived in, one of us might be able to take a look at for you.

I Have a Reel Repair Shop and am Located in Hesperia, high desert...
    If your near by, I would be happy to open it and try and fix it for ya...
    thanks for the offer bro i really appreciate it if i had a ride maybe i could go up there but i live near the hemet area thats just a little to far for me ..... maybe ill just look into it myself.... is it really difficult to fix if the pin just slipped out of place?

take it to last chance tackle, im pretty sure they do reel repair.. if not send it to shimano..

Quote Originally Posted by kaneo View Post
    take it to last chance tackle, im pretty sure they do reel repair.. if not send it to shimano..
    yeah thats what ill probley end up doing i go to lct quite often.... im just a tight wad and dont really want to spend the cash to fix if i dont have to

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast