Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some Newbie Float Tube Questions

Thanks Bronzeback,

I've always planned on wearing a vest, just looking for chances of blowout of tubes, comfort of types of vest, and usefulness/annoyance of each. I haven't tubed yet, but I've seen many tubers doing it (and evil eyed them for catching when no one on shore was getting s**t.). Only seen one defate, not a blowout. Didn't count it though cause you could tell the 3 of them didn't have a clue what they were doing.

I'll be careful about the overfilling of the tube.

The Full-Motion Vest I seen in the catalog. Looked great but I wasn't sure if the back of the vest would sit ok in the tube. As in not sitting in the seat cause the vest pushes you forward so you're at a weird angle. Purchasing the Full-Motion Vest helps the budget also.

Quote Originally Posted by See Chris Fish
    Thanks Bronzeback,

I've always planned on wearing a vest, just looking for chances of blowout of tubes, comfort of types of vest, and usefulness/annoyance of each. I haven't tubed yet, but I've seen many tubers doing it (and evil eyed them for catching when no one on shore was getting s**t.). Only seen one defate, not a blowout. Didn't count it though cause you could tell the 3 of them didn't have a clue what they were doing.

I'll be careful about the overfilling of the tube.

The Full-Motion Vest I seen in the catalog. Looked great but I wasn't sure if the back of the vest would sit ok in the tube. As in not sitting in the seat cause the vest pushes you forward so you're at a weird angle. Purchasing the Full-Motion Vest helps the budget also.
    Foam vests work fine, plenty of room in most all tubes. Personally, I like the extra back support of the vest and if you adjust your seat correctly you wont have the slipping forward issue, which has nothing to do with the vest issue.

Some BIG guys might feel a little cramped with a vest, but this issue is really a casting apron issue not a vest issue. I use my full-motion vest on my Woodriver, Nevada Gold and Browning tubes. These tubes aren't the largest, yet I'm very comfortable.

Something I forgot to mention on tube inflation. Don't fully inflate your tube prior to heading up to high elevation destinations. You will definitely hear a loud explosion somewhere about 6,000 feet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12