Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: New Lake Perris record bass caught?

Perris rangers confirmed that the fish had spawned out already....she didnt have a belly on her which means that she must have weighed 20lbs while spawning!!!! Like Mestre said, they confirmed that she swam away.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgrabber1 View Post
    Perris rangers confirmed that the fish had spawned out already....she didnt have a belly on her which means that she must have weighed 20lbs while spawning!!!! Like Mestre said, they confirmed that she swam away.
    Nice. Incredible to think that the prespawn weight wouldve been HUGE. I also agree that a Sharelunker system should be started between the SoCal lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by tree View Post
    Nice. Incredible to think that the prespawn weight wouldve been HUGE. I also agree that a Sharelunker system should be started between the SoCal lakes.
    I dont think So Cal needs a share lunker program. We do need need lakes here to have official scales tho.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgrabber1 View Post
    I dont think So Cal needs a share lunker program.
    Why do you think SoCal doesn't need one?

I see it as an excellent investment to a fishery.

Although, don't know where the extra funds are going to magically get appropriated for it.

The Texas program does not depend entirely on state funding. There have been corporate sponsors since its inception, including Lone Star Beer, Budweiser, and Toyota. When the original hatchery needed to be replaced, cities were allowed to bid on hosting the new one much like NFL stadiums are built. Athens, Texas wound up pledging $4 million dollars and has built a new facility complete with hatchery and visitor center. If you have ever been to Texas or any of the other deep south states, you know the mania that fishing and especially bass fishing generates. I am not sure we have that kind of public support here.

The goal of the program is for anglers to donate their bass of 13 lbs or more to the hatchery, so a pool of genes from those special fish can be used to breed super bass. The fish are turned over to a Texas Parks and Wildlife representative and eventually transported in a special truck donated by the sponsors. After the next breeding season the fish is returned to the fisherman for release or it can be permanently donated to the program. The fisherman receives a replica mount.

I don't know how you would measure the success of the program. The Perris bass would be a new state record for Texas.

Old fishermen never die. They just smell that way.
    The Best of Fishbreath
    Last edited by Fishbreath; 04-28-2012 at 05:24 AM.

Sadly Fishbreath we probably don't have the same support. And as far as how to measure success? By the shear volume of DD's caught there. I would be willing to put money down that somewhere in Texas, probably Falcon or Amistad, or maybe Sam Rayburn, that there are some LMB's at least equal to the size of fish pulled from Perris. Remember, our lakes are puddles compared to the size of some of those lakes...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Why do you think SoCal doesn't need one?

I see it as an excellent investment to a fishery.

Although, don't know where the extra funds are going to magically get appropriated for it.
    Agreed DS. As far as funds go? In my opinion, it's way past time to do major audits on all government programs and departments. For a state that has the most people by far, and one of the highest tax and fee revenues in the nation, where is all the money going? 2 million sport licenses at $44.85 pr license a year are sold in Cali, and that doesn't include nonresident sport fishing licenses licenses($120.14 pr), commercial, or commercial business fishing licenses, is 89 million $$ a year. That also doesn't include hunting licenses which go into the same account. Our money is supposed to go towards services for us anglers and hunters. But obviously a huge amount is not. Arkansas is another state that has a very good fishery enhancement program. Minnesota as well. Again, where is all the money going?

Thats a hog.

Quote Originally Posted by jbassc View Post
    Thats a hog.
    ...........thats a fish eater..........

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Agreed DS. As far as funds go? In my opinion, it's way past time to do major audits on all government programs and departments. For a state that has the most people by far, and one of the highest tax and fee revenues in the nation, where is all the money going? 2 million sport licenses at $44.85 pr license a year are sold in Cali, and that doesn't include nonresident sport fishing licenses licenses($120.14 pr), commercial, or commercial business fishing licenses, is 89 million $$ a year. That also doesn't include hunting licenses which go into the same account. Our money is supposed to go towards services for us anglers and hunters. But obviously a huge amount is not. Arkansas is another state that has a very good fishery enhancement program. Minnesota as well. Again, where is all the money going?
    Very good points. There are many states with considerably better fisheries and probably less license sales than California; however they still manage to provide fairly adequate funding for their DFG.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast