Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Lake Perris record bass caught?

the official weight was 18.8 and if i didnt know better im pretty sure that fish is dead in the picture

Can't believe there is not a certified scale at the marina store, but then again why would they need one. They don't sell produce or meat. A bass that large and old should not have been handled much or taken away from the lake, buy to get into the record books, it does need to be weighed on certified scales and be witnessed. Hopefully she swam away without much damage or loss of slim coating.... I wonder what he caught her on and where he was fishing?

It's amazing catch...Once word gets out the lake is going have even heavier pressure than it has now...two record bass in one day...WOW

I know where he caught it but I wont say. She was released back into the lake ....he caught her on a Top Water Chug Bug. Fish that age rarely live when they are put through that much stress , that being said ...I am not sure how bad she was handled.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jeepnkal View Post

Suup BRO. U MAD?

I am almost positive it is dead. For one its jaw is stretched out or broken which means it wont be able to eat and die soon. Another give away is that its eyes are yellow...after fish tournaments and seeing fish weighed in with yellow around its pupils means it dead. And with that pizza place shown in the background it looks like he had already left the park.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepnkal View Post
    You're using the PICARD gif incorrectly. It's supposed to be directed at you.

This bass is dead... still a nice fish regardless.
    Last edited by smokehound; 04-23-2012 at 03:00 AM.

It's a "Lake Record", not a State Record or a World Record...in my opinion, if it were me, to hell with putting the fish under that much stress just to get it certified. Many people would disagree, but whatever..if it were me, I wouldn't have bothered with the certification, I may have had someone witness it, but never take it from the lake....Hopefully she's still swimming the waters.

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post

Suup BRO. U MAD?
    Mad? no im laughing at you, you made my day. Thanks again.

Ya know I was going to make fun of you guys again but after looking at that fish closer that jaw is jacked up big time and the eyes look bad. I don't know why it mattered enough to go off property to get a weight, if it's not a line class or world record just digi scale it and let her go.

Never could understand the need for notoriety he'd get trashed by you crazy LMB guys anyway didn't matter what he did might as well have saved the fish.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast