Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Props to Joe Uribe Jr. & Anglers Marine

Default Big Props to Joe Uribe Jr. & Anglers Marine

What's Up FNN,

Intro:
    Those of you who really know me know that I don't "Rep" much of anything besides my family and my cross. I'm not into name brands, but like a quality product. This is why I fished with Ugly Sticks, fished out of a Porta-Bote, then bought a Glastron as a family boat. All of these things have a good reputation and are not fly by night products.

Body:
    Realizing that we dont use the family boat much because it is in storage and storage hours don't fit with our schedule. Then we looked at how much we spent keeping it in storage. my wonderful wife gave the green light to look into trading the Glastron for a fishing boat that will fit in the garage. I went to a couple of places before going to Angler's Marine because I had only been to Angler's Marine once to Bass-A -Thon and either Hank Parker or Shaw Grigsby struck up a conversation with me (which was cool) but also said, "Big Money" to me. Finally I work up the nerve to walk into Anglers Marine on Saturday in March and am looking at boats in my budget that will fit in my garage. Joe strikes up a conversation. I tell him that I want to sell my Glastron and get something that will fit in my garage and I can fish the Bay with. He treats me with utmost respect (which shouldn't be surprising but it doesnt always happen to me). He makes me laugh, sets me at ease, and never showed me anything above what I told him I wanted to pay. He was honest and said, "Trading your boat in and getting the boat you want is going to require work from both of us." He tells me to come to Fredd Hall show and sit in some boats. So I walk into Fred hall, and here is Joe uribe Jr. standing there smiling at me and saying, "there he is". I was like, "This dude only met me once and he picked me out of a crowd at Fred Hall?" Cool!
    I sit in the boat I want for over an hour and he comes by and checks every ten minutes or so to answer questions but gives me space. The Reps from the Big Time brands come over and Joe tells them, "you can talk to him (me) but he really wants the one he is sitting in." I decide to roll with Joe and Angler's Marine.
    My wife and I decide to hop into Angler's Marine after worship couple a Sundays ago on our way out to NPH for the last ride in the Glastron. I also wanted her to meet Joe.
    I showed her the boat I wanted and she took 3 minutes with it and then started looking at boats that made my wallet ache. Joe and staff treated her with utmost respect as she lookeed at boats from the lowest price end of their stock to a boat that wouldn't even fit in our house. They never flinched, waivered, got too excited, or looked like "Dang I'm not gonna make a profit on this." Unfortunately, people usually are checking our "credentials" before spending too much time with us. It did not happen at Angler's Marine. Joe, (Inthink Mark) and the whole crew there that Sunday spent about 3 hours with us and our dogs as we got in and out of boats and never pressured us or made us feel uncomfortable.
    Ending:
    A Happy Wife is a Happy Life! Because Anglers Marine made us feel so good, my wife let me work with Joe to put me into a boat that meets my fishing desires and fits in the garage. Just like our Glastron, we are focused on the quality, the reputation, and it will be nice to finally have a trustworthy dealership to get service and support from. Our Glastron dealer went out of business months after we bought it, causing us to have to drive 5 hours round trip for any service or warranty work. . I will post up again when I get delivery of my boat.

If you are looking for a new or used boat from entry level to "Dizzang!" I suggest you see the guys over at Angler's Marine. Yes, they are "Big Pimpin!" with the celebrities, but they also know how to roll with people that just want to get out on the water with their family and wet a line.

God Bless you Joe, Angler's Marine, and especially my Wife!

Eric
    Last edited by Santa Fe Eric; 04-17-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Great to hear you got what you wanted and didn't have to deal with a scumbag salesman. I think that's what most people dread dealing with when having to make a big purchase like this.

Yeah! You got a boat you can enjoy with your family! Good for you!!! Congrats on your new toy.

Wow that must be very difficult trying to sleep with that anticipation on your mind,its for me it's like when you were a kid and you got a new bike and you kept looking at it all night or you wanted to bring it in your room instead of out in the garage,or back yard.
    Very cool very good post thanks for sharing,and most of all congratulations!

Cya Tuna Vic

My family and I had almost identical experience with Angler's Marine at the L.A. Boat show in 2008. We ended up with a Nitro Z-7 with everything we needed and wanted within the budget we had. It was even delivered to Castaic Upper, where we learned how to launch, retrieve, and explore more of the boat's features (first boat). For the first year we called them with any questions about service, tips and tricks and were happy every time. Glad you had a great experience with them as well.

Just being curious, what did you get?

Eric,

Looking forward to seeing the new ride!!!!!!

I can't help but have feelings your moment when you took the "GT" to NPH for the goodby trip!

Steve

Thanks for the tip Eric, Glad to know . Cant wait to see what ya got. Hope to see ya on the waters soon or at Bass Pro again

Gotta agree with ya Eric, everyone at Anglers Marine are great people to deal with. The only complaint I have with them is their "Waiting Room." Let me explain, whenever I take the Champion down for service I end up spending money on more tackle in their waiting room that I truthfully dont really need, at least according to the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MindBendo View Post
    Great to hear you got what you wanted and didn't have to deal with a scumbag salesman. I think that's what most people dread dealing with when having to make a big purchase like this.
    No doubt! These people are top notch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karyn View Post
    Yeah! You got a boat you can enjoy with your family! Good for you!!! Congrats on your new toy.
    Thanks Karyn, I read almost everything that you write on here. You are such a positive person and I love how you love fishing!

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Wow that must be very difficult trying to sleep with that anticipation on your mind,its for me it's like when you were a kid and you got a new bike and you kept looking at it all night or you wanted to bring it in your room instead of out in the garage,or back yard.
    Very cool very good post thanks for sharing,and most of all congratulations!

Cya Tuna Vic
    You hit it right on the head Vic, sleepless nights and dreaming about it.
    Thanks for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatKidCASH View Post
    My family and I had almost identical experience with Angler's Marine at the L.A. Boat show in 2008. We ended up with a Nitro Z-7 with everything we needed and wanted within the budget we had. It was even delivered to Castaic Upper, where we learned how to launch, retrieve, and explore more of the boat's features (first boat). For the first year we called them with any questions about service, tips and tricks and were happy every time. Glad you had a great experience with them as well.

Just being curious, what did you get?
    Thanks for sharing! This validates everything that I experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by flyngby View Post
    Eric,

Looking forward to seeing the new ride!!!!!!

I can't help but have feelings your moment when you took the "GT" to NPH for the goodby trip!

Steve

Bro! It was so hard taking it for the final spin. I was so attached that I thought there might be tears. Nice to hear from you, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Thanks for the tip Eric, Glad to know . Cant wait to see what ya got. Hope to see ya on the waters soon or at Bass Pro again
    Funny you should mention Bass Pro Shops because that is where I fell in love with the boat that I originally wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassnman Mike View Post
    Gotta agree with ya Eric, everyone at Anglers Marine are great people to deal with. The only complaint I have with them is their "Waiting Room." Let me explain, whenever I take the Champion down for service I end up spending money on more tackle in their waiting room that I truthfully dont really need, at least according to the wife.
    Mike I love that you call it their waiting room. They got so much stuff that a person really can get into a lot of trouble.

Truth be told, the boat is my gift for passing my Marriage & Family Therapist State Exams. I just passed my final Exam today! So I am pumped Up!
    Being Married for years like I have been, I still knew that I was not going to be alone choosing "My gift".
    I wanted the Nitro Z-6, but I couldnt fit behind the steering wheel. Given that my first boat was a Glastron, I hadnt considered Aluminum boats. Since I couldnt fit in the Nitro, I started looking at Tracker Boats. I was sitting in a Tracker at Fred hall with Joe. I really wanted a Tracker. When I went back to Anglers with my wife, she saw the Tracker but our Glastron was with us. Then she simply said, "I want you to have a boat, like the one we have, but smaller." She was referring to was she wanted me to have a Fish & Ski type boat. Like The Glastron GTSF that we have. She doesnt fish, but she is always with me sitting on the back deck with the dogs reading her Kindle. I love having her with me, so that is not a problem. She says Bass Boats dont have "family space" and Fishing only Boats dont have Family space. Still, I sat confidently in the Tracker as she toured Anglers Marine because the only thing else that I could fit into there that would also fit into the Garage beside the Tracker was a Ranger and she had already given me a budget.
    At the end of the day, she reminded me that she was our accountant and it is her gift to me, and she can change the budget if she wants.
    Long Story Short, We bought a Ranger Multi-Species Boat that fits in the garage and I can get my big body behind the steering wheel. This boat is on order and will take a while to get here. You will see a picture of me fishing in it before you see it on this thread.

God Bless!
    SFE

Awesome treat and well deserved my friend . You married a great lady for sure . God Bless .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast