This may seem like a no brainer but I figured I would share it with you guys anyway. Whenever I go to fish a new body of water I always hire a professional guide. The way that I look at it is I am paying for a professional consultation on a body of water. Unless I have been fishing that body of water and have the experience to know how the fish react under adverse conditions, I am probably not going to be as successful on my initial trip as I could've been. And besides, what a great opportunity to ask as many questions as I can think of to somebody that probably has a good answer! In short, do yourself a favor, pay a few bucks and absorb as much information from a professional, and in turn you will increase your own level of fishing knowledge making yourself a better fisherman in the long run. And for all you haters out there, no, I have never been a professional guide and I do not have any economic interest in writing this short piece. My goal is for all of us to become better fisherman, and I thought this nugget may prove useful to some of you.