Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Crappie spots at Irvine?

Default Crappie spots at Irvine?

Have the Crappie bounced back since the great bite of a few yrs ago? How has the action been and where are they biting at?
    Last edited by Ian; 04-27-2014 at 12:18 AM.

I haven't targeted them this year but I hear some slabs have been pulled from the flats. Let us know if you go how the bite is.

follow the cliffs back to where it meets the flats, either in and around the creek channel or the cuts along where the cliffs transitions into the flats. Watch for the pair of ospreys. They always prefer crappie over trout........ smart birds huh. Anyways, if its overcast all the better. I will be there next week sometime, just not sure what day. Good luck dude

Dave, we must hook up then! ;)

Crappie have been more incidental catches (trolling cranks or guys jigging for trout), usually coming 1-2 at a time per angler. With the water coming up recently there will be plenty of prime looking flooded brush areas, based on the the recent "local" feedback I'd start my quest towards the back of the flats

Quote Originally Posted by muskyman View Post
    follow the cliffs back to where it meets the flats, either in and around the creek channel or the cuts along where the cliffs transitions into the flats. Watch for the pair of ospreys. They always prefer crappie over trout........ smart birds huh. Anyways, if its overcast all the better. I will be there next week sometime, just not sure what day. Good luck dude
    Looking forward to the DD kitty report...good luck MM.

TD