Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fish and Game code (section 2301) "Feb 13, 2012"

Beautifully written Dave.

One problem with this asinine post...

...That's a signal crayfish.

Now, your post would have made more sense if the crayfish pictured in your troll post was a RED SWAMP CRAYFISH.

Sorry to tell you this, but aside from human transport, the vast majority of quagga/zebra mussels are transported by FISH.

Wait a minute, you mean I can get crayfish for 35 cents a pound? Sweet. I've been trying to spread the mussels around as much as possible, however my attempts at breeding a terrestrial quagga that can clog air vents have been unsuccessful as of late.

You see, a larval zebra/quagga mussel is known as a "Glochidia", which clamps onto the gills of a fish that approaches it, this is a high-oxygen environment, crucial for development of mussels.

Live Signal crayfish are expensive, and difficult to culture, due to their requirement for cooled, oxygen rich water. Red Swamp Crayfish (or any other crayfish in the genus procambarus) are far more tolerant of pollutants, and thrive in high temps.

But of course, you're free to ignore everything I said and call me a "@#$&*!" in response.

You might want to redirect your trolling towards the main anthropogenic cause of the spread-- infected bilge water.

Lol elitists...

Quote Originally Posted by huddtosser
    "Good one Crawdady I guess you don't get 2301" But anyway get real that video was for john becouse I called him a told him he could get his teener that day and videoed his moment and that was 2 or 3 years ago crawdads were ok before the clean and dry rule. And you no I don't think local crawdads are not a bad thing But when you go on a website like this as a guide or fisherman telling everyone that you use them in a clean and dry lake like the lagoon is now. What's to stop the guy in San Diego from comming to this lake with quagga water and crawdads. 20 of the 25 infected lakes are in Orange co. San Diego co. and Riverside co some 60 miles from castaic. Yes I care and respect this lake I been fishing here since I was 16 year old. On opening day the same boat that I have now was the second boat to launch at the lower lake in 74'. It's been really good to me and respect it greatly. But now we have no trout stocks and a couple of fisherman that don't give a Rats ***** about spreading quagga to the lagoon, but they like to fish there LOL. So instead of thinking about it they want to make me the bad guy for speaking up so the only thing you Got is calling me a trol, put a old video, watch me from a far fishing and no where I fish and what I'm fishing with and thanks for the complement there crawdady, but that sort of creepy to no I like to look at girl not a 53 year old man. Or tell people were I would got my crawdads for the last 25 years big deal. "Superfish" you can get crawdads on line to your door just like a guide would does at google "Louisiana crawfish co". or googel "crawdad for bait" Right from the place the quagga all started. If the hand full of you don't give a ***** why should I, I've got my 1,400 green carp over ten pounds out of the lake. You couple of hot shots go right ahead and "F" it up and put a few bucks in a guides pocket over a 35cent bait and pick the quagga clams off your drop shot rig in the future L.O.L."Stupid is as Stupid does"
    ...That's the biggest paragraph i've ever seen. This is a really overused meme, but TL;DR
    Last edited by smokehound; 04-29-2012 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Teh Lulz

Trolling alabama rigs arent they really baby u-rigs ,which ive been told arent a real way to fish,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but still kick-a/s/s/,,,,,,,,and as far as the quagga's go those boats from those infected lakes have already been there ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,many times over,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hey does anyone know where I can purchase live mudsuckers in Socal?

It is great to see so many different opinions and ideas being discussed. It is very sad to see when someone has a differing opinions and name calling flame wars becomes the norm.

I do see the point of introducing unwanted species into our waters and we all should do our best not to. Yes I do agree bringing water from a unknown source with your prefered bait should be looked at by our lake managers. Kind of pointless doing everything we can to have a dry boat only to transport something unwanted with the bait bucket.

Any lake that has Lower Colorado river water in it is already contaminated by quagga mussels or will be in the future. They cannot seem to isolate stripped bass what makes anyone think they can isolate quagga's?

Quagga Mussel developement has free swimming Veliger larva not a Glochidium(pl) that attaches to a host fishes gills. So contaminated water is the most likely way to introduce this species to a pristine lake.

Most of us fisheman do care about the health of our waters and fisheries and will do what it takes to improve our favorite fishing holes. Keep a open mind and gain as much pertinent knowledge as you can. Keep misinformation and the people who want to close our waters to fishing in your sights not fellow fishermen with differing opinions.

Cordially

Mo
    Last edited by mojomizer; 05-04-2012 at 04:20 PM. Reason: My proper English sucks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234