Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get a spare spool for your shimano spinning reel

Default How to get a spare spool for your shimano spinning reel

I love my Shimano Symetre 500 reel, but it doesn't hold much line. When the line is 2# or 3# it gets wrecked fasts and the line on the spool goes down down down. I thought of getting another reel, but that's $100 ! Went looking for a spare spool. Found out Shimano has repair service "satellite" stores. Contacted one, and they said they could get me a spare spool for $29 plus tax, but they'd have to order it. Still too high, so I took a chance and called Shimano. They sold me one for $15 and said they would ship today. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    They sold me one for $15 and said they would ship today. The end.
    Wait, a 1000 sized spool fits on the Symetre 500?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Wait, a 1000 sized spool fits on the Symetre 500?
    I doubt it. No, in fact I can't imagine how a 1000 size spool could fit on this teeny little reel. But I am glad you asked because it reminded me to add to my original post.

The phone number to order spare spools or other parts is 877-577-0600.

BTW, my spool arrived the next morning! WTG Shimano!

Was it $15 flat or plus taxes and shiping?

Quote Originally Posted by mjc89 View Post
    Was it $15 flat or plus taxes and shiping?
    Plus tax and shipping. I was surprised how easy it was to get a spare spool just by calling Shimano and how fast it arrived from Irvine.

BTW, how you been catching, dude?

Plus tax and shipping. I was surprised how easy it was to get a spare spool just by calling Shimano and how fast it arrived from Irvine.

BTW, how you been catching, dude?
    I might order one for my sedona. Thanks for the info. Ive been fishing all over. Where you been?

I might order one for my sedona. Thanks for the info. Ive been fishing all over. Where you been?
    I just fish locally. Throughout the winter I tried some new spots, though. Fished a lake in Simi, Hansen, and I tried some different spots on the LA River. I fished Legg a few times, and of course I fished the Pudd. I even fished Balboa once because I was on the trail of the elusive carp, trying to catch a big one on a pole. Most of what I did was just fishing with not a lot of catching going on. In fact I got so used to fishing I almost forgot what catching was all about til the water started warming up. Been catching at the Pudd lately, though I don't get out but once or twice a week. I will probably hit the Pudd up this week for some redear. I just bought my first deep fryer at Walmart, and it works great. Gotta break it in good, but I feel like I'm neglecting the carp at the time they are probably the most eager to get caught. So many fish...so little time.

I just fish locally. Throughout the winter I tried some new spots, though. Fished a lake in Simi, Hansen, and I tried some different spots on the LA River. I fished Legg a few times, and of course I fished the Pudd. I even fished Balboa once because I was on the trail of the elusive carp, trying to catch a big one on a pole. Most of what I did was just fishing with not a lot of catching going on. In fact I got so used to fishing I almost forgot what catching was all about til the water started warming up. Been catching at the Pudd lately, though I don't get out but once or twice a week. I will probably hit the Pudd up this week for some redear. I just bought my first deep fryer at Walmart, and it works great. Gotta break it in good, but I feel like I'm neglecting the carp at the time they are probably the most eager to get caught. So many fish...so little time.
    Yeah i hear you man. Waters warming up so time to catch gills and catfish. lol. Do you fish for cats?

Yeah i hear you man. Waters warming up so time to catch gills and catfish. lol. Do you fish for cats?
    Oh, you know it. I am already tying some leaders. I wish I could have been at the Pudd in the rain Thursday, but I had stuff to do.

Oh, you know it. I am already tying some leaders. I wish I could have been at the Pudd in the rain Thursday, but I had stuff to do.
    Fishing in the rain is fun. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast