Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: reel for thowing lc

Default reel for thowing lc

looking to buy a new reel for casting the lc/halibut
    im looking at a 200 size reel i have tow in mind
    want to see what you guys think
    Okuma Alumina AL-200
    or
    OKUMA V-200A

Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post
    looking to buy a new reel for casting the lc/halibut
    im looking at a 200 size reel i have tow in mind
    want to see what you guys think
    Okuma Alumina AL-200
    or
    OKUMA V-200A
    I would get curator 300 ej or Abu toro inshore or fifty, get a reel that will stand up in surf durability is the key.

I'd stay away from Okumas.

For saltwater usage, I have heard only great things about the Daiwa Inshore Coastal, and it'll run you as much as the V-200A. Those Curators 300s are nice, but I believe they may be over $200.

I know there will be people who will say that they haven't experienced any issues with Okumas, but then again, there are those who think that Taco Bell is fine Mexican cuisine.

Just my 2 Pesos.

The revo stx is a nice reel that can take alot of damage in saltwater either that or they sell brand new in box daiwa td Luna's for 170-200$ that would be a better choice, just depends on what you would like a low profile or a round reel.

I use a Curado 200E and a Calcutta 200GTB for the surf and it SLANGS the FM110

thanks to everyone who took the time to put there 2 cents ended up buying a curado 200