Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Epic day on the Jewel

Default Epic day on the Jewel

My brother and his two kids came down from up north for some bass fishing. Was a bit worried that they would be disappointed but turns out I had nothing to fear. Stopped by Last Chance for some lures and advice over the weekend and talked with Magic Man Matt. His advice was spot on - thanks Matt!
    We got to the lake when it opened and Headed straight across to Ralston's cove for a great shallow bite on thin Senkos -cast anywhere near anything sticking out of the water and we got bit. No huge fish this way but the kids loved it on 4 lb test!
    Spent the morning doing this and then transitioned to the deeper bite when the shallow slowed down around noon. As Matt predicted they were in the 15-25 foot range stacked up waiting to spawn and we killed 'em! The size here increased from dink to the 2.5-3 lb range for the rest of the afternoon until the wind forced us across the lake into a slightly more secluded cove where the bite continued on any kind of Senkos or purple or green worm in the same depth range.
    I also had a new triple trout and on my very first cast with it landed a nice 10 lb striper! My personal best! Not enough proof of this lure's effectiveness? On the next random cast into open water my brother lands a 4.5 lb largemouth! Unreal.
    Ended the day with 38 fish in the boat and a really nice striper for the table. Kids and adults are worn out. Thanks again Matt for the great advice. Made the kid's day one they will never forget. Get out there guys, it is off the hook.

That has to be the best first day report I heard or experienced within the last year. Good job. And you are correct about Matt always willing to help others have a great day on the water wether it be DVL or Skinner. His staff and and him are outstanding in their service.

Nice! Congrats on a great day fishing with family!

That report makes me sick! Congrats on the great day! Makes me want to call in sick!

Thanks everyone. It was a great day. Kids are still exhausted!

Any day on the water with the kids is a good day but when you can get them on the fish its a great day. Congrats on what can only be called an epic day

it was all you guys. i just helped pave the way for you. congrats on a killer day on the water!!!! fishing is gonna go ballistic soon! way to go on that striper! keep chucking the big stuff. fish gotta eat!