Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Colorado river (near Parker Dam) report

Default Colorado river (near Parker Dam) report

Went to the River from the 7th thru the 10th with the family.
    Got to sneak away and do a little bit of fishing.

Ended up catching what I believe is the same small mouth bass 3 times, and a different one once.

The one I caught 3 times over the few days was caught on a nightcrawler that I just let sit on the bottom.

The other one was ignoring the nightcrawler, and I caught him on firetiger lure that I had to drag directly at him to get him to bite. If I dragged it in front of him, he would just ignore it.

I was actually quite happy to catch them, as I had seen many people trying to catch them from that spot, but none did. After asking a few of the locals around, they said that those two won't take anyone's bait.

I also did fail to catch anything the first day I tried as I was trying lures and jigging the nightcrawler or powerworm and bass would come investigate, but just run off after watching it for a bit.

I finally figured it out on the 2nd day when I tried power worm and jigged it a little to get the bass to come and look at it, then left it motionless on the bottom. I got a bite, but he spit it out. Then I tried the nightcrawler, and after a few times of checking it out, he finally sucked it up and I got him in.

I have a bad left shoulder so had to use a net to get it out of the water for pictures, so only managed to do that a couple of times. (I was fishing 4 lb test line and pulling it out of the water with the line only caused it to snap off)

I was fishing in a lagoon just off a dock. I also caught some bluegill that came by as well.

I have no experience fishing for bass at all, only have fished trout before, so was happy I was able to catch some in the limited time I had to try it out (a few hours in morning and a couple of hours in afternoon).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-09_13-14-39_154.jpg 
Views:	420 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	34439   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-09_13-15-35_505.jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	34440   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-10_07-13-17_923.jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	34441   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-10_07-13-54_302.jpg 
Views:	528 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	34442  

That's a nice looking smallmouth! Thanks for the report.

Congrats...Nice smallies...thanks for the post.

Nice i like the camo. Look on the last one!!!!
    Was that the different one or the repeat offender?!!!:lol:

Nice fish I was in parker last month by dam they were hitting like crazy.

Did you do any stripers?

Looks like echo lodge in the background?