Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Morning half day...

Default Morning half day...

According to the weather, it looked like the wind was going to hit around noon. That prediction was pretty much spot on. Rented a half day boat today and was the first rental out. Big line at the gate for a Tuesday, but most of them were on shore. Headed to the spot(s) and commenced to chucking the big stuff for nada. Put those away around 9 or so and picked up a texas rigged purple robo worm. This technique was recommended by that famous guy that works at Last Chance. As usual, he was right.

Picked up four avg sized fish in the next 45 mins or so. Most of my fish came from about 15ft out. Saw many males on beds, but I didn't fish them. Saw no females. Pretty consistent fishing, but I wanted something fatter than that so I picked up a 7inch senko and commenced to chuckin.' Fished it until 1145 on various points and coves for nothing. That's when the boat was due and I needed my Double Double. Most of the boats were coming in because the wind was just about to open up.

Saw many trout around the ramp. They stocked around ten or so I guess.

Good luck all...

Nice report.....thank you sir!