Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Letter from David Noyes re: Tournament Format Options

There is a reason so many tournaments have blind bogeys, tagged fish egc... First it might hold down the cheating aspect quite a bit and second it gives those that just want a fun experience and maybe a chance at a lottery prize. I fished the Double Haul at Crowley for 8 years and saw the same guys win every year, they had time, money and skill to be on the lake way more than anybody else and could hire guides but the attendance diminished every year I am not so sure it wasn't because people got tired of seeing the same guys always win with little chance for anybody else to win (although I missed big fish once by an inch, got lucky). A lot of tourneys mix it up with combinations of winners. At Irvine the best chance it seems is to be on shore where the big ones cruise and "sight fish" either legally or illegally, not everybody will want to stack up in those areas and chase fish down which increases your odds at catching a big fish. Sure everybody has a chance, especially the skilled trollers, but the repetetive winners seem to either be sight fishing fairly and as proved this tournament some just plain cheat.

I don't see the negative at this point but without all rules being layed out we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by BRING IT View Post
    Im done with the whole tourny thing, time to move on!

If anyone wants to fish PM or call me, we can make friendly wadgers, more the merrier.

Looks like the Bad guys won again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is not about winning, this is about giving people the option to compete in a format in which they are comfortable.
    If you are comfortable putting your money into the top 10 jackpot then great, if you are not then there is another option.
    The Masters will go on and when Jimmy and I work out all the details we will post it for all to read.
    Just so we are all clear, this new format has more than doubled the work load for Jimmy, the staff and myself, but as always we are willing
    to do the extra work for the good of the Lake and the spirit of competition. As far as security goes, we are reviewing all of our options and plan to make some changes and step it up.
    All of you will have to be patient going forward as these changes and procedures may cause some delays, I hope that you will work with us and help improve
    our contests in the future. Please remember to report any suspicious activities, poaching, snagging, netting etc. Telling us after the fact
    does us no good and we cannot address the problem at hand. Call tackle shop at 714) 649-9111
    On a personal note from me to you, I do my very best to keep these contest fair.

Vineline

I for one will never spend my money to fish a tourney based on just a "Blind Bogey" I have put a lot of time on the water as well as equipment (not that it helps me at all lol) just to get in a fish lottery. So for that reason if it is only based on a "Blind Bogey" I am out and probably would not fish at the "Vine" as much (but I will still fish here because I love to fish and I love the people here). Bottom Line if you catch them cheating, They get Banned Period and we continue and keep weeding them out (it will take all of us but this can't consume all of ou time or effort). If more would be banned then more would think about it. I think this guy is regretting this at this time as well as he should. I kow he liked to fish but it will never be the same for him ever again and that is something he will have to live with. Now back to Irvine lake and Lip rippers you have done all you can and I respect that. Nothing is ever perfect but I for one would like things to be the way they have been as far as "Tournement Stucture" not to say some changes aren't always good. And if there is controversy just weed it out and let's (Just have fun fishing again) some will not compete, but let's face it most will. You can see that from all of the great turn outs.

Anyone ever put in a difficult position knows you will never satisfy everyone those that want to fish will fish, those that don't won't, and those that want to cheat will cheat but all will come to light. Most that complain (not all) either don't fish these tourny's or won't. Don't change a thing you guy's have done great job and put in extra hours for us as well as have caught several people cheating and will unfortunatly catch more but let's not let that spoil what this reall is really about Family, Friends, Fun and Fishing. God's Speed.

Daniele, Jimmy and Staff (Irvine Lake Great Job):
    Brian (lip Rippers Great job):
    Last edited by Big Daddy; 04-11-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Big Daddy,
    Don't worry its not going to be just "blind bogey" there will also be the "big fish" jackpot.
    There are just simply 2 choices now.

Vineline

Quote Originally Posted by vineline View Post
    Big Daddy,
    Don't worry its not going to be just "blind bogey" there will also be the "big fish" jackpot.
    There are just simply 2 choices now.

Vineline
    Now that's why your so special. Always doing what's best for the team.

And may I add that's why you deserve a raise. And that may just be the next Thread I start.

As always, Irvine Lake is on the case.
    I've fished this lake for over 2 decades and will continue to fish here.
    I like the idea of a blind bogey and big fish.
    Anyone that knows me, knows, I HATE POACHERS!!!
    Call me a snitch, tale tell, whatever, if I see you cheat, I will notify the proper people.
    Bottom line, don't cheat. If you do and get caught, don't cry about it. Man up and take your medicine.
    I for one could never feel good about a fish I caught that was illeaglly caught. That's just me.
    I believe that anyone caught cheating on a tourney day should be banned for the rest of the year, if not life.
    I've seen WON tourneys DQ people and I've seen Irvine Lake do the same.

To the staff:
    1. Since we now have to pay at the booth in the morning, can you have the staff remind people about the 2 rods and the rules of the lake as they pay? On tourney days this would be a great help. That way there's no, I didn't know stories.
    Big money will always bring out all types of people.
    2. How about "undercover" security on shore and boats looking for cheaters?
    3. I have complete faith that the Irvine Lake staff will fix these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by See Chris Fish View Post
    As always, Irvine Lake is on the case.
    I've fished this lake for over 2 decades and will continue to fish here.
    I like the idea of a blind bogey and big fish.
    Anyone that knows me, knows, I HATE POACHERS!!!
    Call me a snitch, tale tell, whatever, if I see you cheat, I will notify the proper people.
    Bottom line, don't cheat. If you do and get caught, don't cry about it. Man up and take your medicine.
    I for one could never feel good about a fish I caught that was illeaglly caught. That's just me.
    I believe that anyone caught cheating on a tourney day should be banned for the rest of the year, if not life.
    I've seen WON tourneys DQ people and I've seen Irvine Lake do the same.

To the staff:
    1. Since we now have to pay at the booth in the morning, can you have the staff remind people about the 2 rods and the rules of the lake as they pay? On tourney days this would be a great help. That way there's no, I didn't know stories.
    Big money will always bring out all types of people.
    2. How about "undercover" security on shore and boats looking for cheaters?
    3. I have complete faith that the Irvine Lake staff will fix these issues.
    I will be undercover if it's raining I will put the top up on my boat there for "Under Cover"
    Hahahahahahahahah

Man we are all under cover. Maybe I will grow a "Bobber Boy" or maybe we should all grow one that way they "Cheaters" won't know

lost first place last sat. to this guy gonna try again this week cmon people lets do this!

Daniela and all the Irvine staff have been doing an excellent job as long as I have been fishing there. They just don't have enough eyes. Why not put a camera to watch woody's cove to keep an eye on sight fishing? Everyone has ideas and we will turn cheaters into real fisherman or they will go on their way. I learned my lesson along time ago and I enjoy to fish the right way

all we need is gopro on ever head and it done les get nick woodman as a sponsor pay a dep. and its on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast