Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: D.V.L shore fishing??????

Default D.V.L shore fishing??????

Hi everyone...ive never been to diamond valley but i really want to this year...i dont have a boat so i will be fishing from shore..can anyone help me out and tell me some good spots i can fish from shore for Largemouths?..I would really appreciate it!
    God bless and tight lines!
    --Buzand

what techniques do you like to fiish?:) Color that i bring are the Margarita mutilators in 7 inch and senko in the watermelon swimbait in the trout and dropshot or texas robo's try starting at the point to the right of the marina

i like topwater...but im a worm dragger :)...i need to learn hard baits haha thanks for the help!!!

I was there on Wednesday fishing like an idiot in the rain:) I had a rental boat for the morning but the weather got too extreme and I ended up shore fishing the rest of the day.

The problem with shore fishing DVL is that there's only a limited stretch of shoreline available and it gets hammered HARD. I think the bass along that stretch get pretty catch-resistant.

It can be an excellent area for trout, though, especially after a stock. The trout tend to stay pretty close to shore as they get hemmed in by LMB and stripers.

If you wanted to try for the LMB that might be a good spot for a swimbait, especially after a trout stock. But you wouldn't be the first to try it!