Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trout

Default trout

does anybody know which side of the lake got stocked today?

The top side.

north side east side west side or south side is what i meant?

The marina.

heard they stocked bernasconi beach

just messin. i heard it was around the marina. wouldnt be surprised if they went in somewhere else as well. im so out of the loop this year on the secret stocks. last year i had the areas pegged for the most part but this year i havent been really targeting stripers. good luck if you're chucking the big stuff.

South side. I saw the tanker following the DFG truck going across the East dam. I don't know where the dump was, and don't know if it was trout or bass. Lake personnel told me they have been dumping fingerling or juvenile LMB's. Perhaps Kwin could elaborate on that if he reads this thread...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 04-10-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    South side. I saw the tanker following the DFG truck going across the East dam. I don't know where the dump was, and don't know if it was trout or bass. Lake personnel told me they have been dumping fingerling or juvenile LMB's. Perhaps Kwin could elaborate on that if he reads this thread...
    it was the rest of the Salmo trutta. They went in the water.....go fishing and find them.

South shoreline at the access road.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    it was the rest of the Salmo trutta. They went in the water.....go fishing and find them.
    Lol, in the water????? Are you sure? I fish DVL every week, sometimes 2-3 times, I didn't know we were supposed to cast into the water. Damn, all this time I've been I've been picking those shoreline bushes and rockpiles apart. No wonder...

My question actually was about whether it was true that DFG has a Micropterus salmoides enhancement program going on at DVL? If so, what strain, or strains? Northern? Florida? Spots?

Geez, up until now, the only time I cast into the water was when I had to snag a bicyclists mountain bike out of the drink for him after he frantically flew off a cliff to avoid the speeding tanker truck, that was being followed by a white pick up with a DFG emblem on the door, Kwwiiinnn????

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Lol, in the water????? Are you sure? I fish DVL every week, sometimes 2-3 times, I didn't know we were supposed to cast into the water. Damn, all this time I've been I've been picking those shoreline bushes and rockpiles apart. No wonder...

My question actually was about whether it was true that DFG has a Micropterus salmoides enhancement program going on at DVL? If so, what strain, or strains? Northern? Florida? Spots?

Geez, up until now, the only time I cast into the water was when I had to snag a bicyclists mountain bike out of the drink for him after he frantically flew off a cliff to avoid the speeding tanker truck, that was being followed by a white pick up with a DFG emblem on the door, Kwwiiinnn????
    Not sure what you mean by enhancement program. Are additional LMB stocked?.....no. We have supplemented the SMB population (last September) with ~500 fish taken from Shaver prior to the drawdown there. Other than that the only fish we stock anymore are salmonids.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast