Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BBL lakefront cabin fishing 4/6-4/8

Quote Originally Posted by The Fishing Queen View Post
    I own one of those lakefront timeshares there, we were there two weeks ago and fished (fished for an hour and half) from the rail and had no bites. Then moved to the beach ( where the BBQs are) and got totally skunked. But last year we were there for a week and did Ok with 2 foot leaders with PB, The guy next to us was killing the lake, he was using 2 foot leader too, and he caught 27 in a day. Do I need a longer leader like 4 foot to fish there too? Anyone knows?

I was using 4 to 5 foot leaders and that seemed to do the job. also any bright powerbaits will work
    Try casting as far as you can

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    Most of the fish that we caught were hooked right on the lip because we would set the hook right away..we kept the fish that swallowed the hook
    You are an amazingly gifted fisherman cause I've been fishing longer than you've been alive by quite a bit and for some reason I'm not capable of safely releasing power bait caught fish. One day you will have to share your techniques with all of us so we all can use power bait for C&R.

Please if you have to use that "technique" use it on the county or city put and take lakes, do not use it on those beautiful BBL trout!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fishing Queen View Post
    I own one of those lakefront timeshares there, we were there two weeks ago and fished (fished for an hour and half) from the rail and had no bites. Then moved to the beach ( where the BBQs are) and got totally skunked. But last year we were there for a week and did Ok with 2 foot leaders with PB, The guy next to us was killing the lake, he was using 2 foot leader too, and he caught 27 in a day. Do I need a longer leader like 4 foot to fish there too? Anyone knows?
    I have always done very well using inflated night crawlers sprayed with Berkley Gulp Garlic. I have seen this method out fish power bait, but that is just my recommendation. I fish the crawler on a slip bobber rig. The other tactic for Big Bear that works is lead core trolling needle-fish. I use my electronics to identify the thermocline, usually between 15-25 ft, and troll the south side of the lake between the Dam and the Zebra Room. I have caught some nice rainbows doing that on a more consistent basis than any tactic from shore. Only in the early morning will I drop shot power worms on the secondary points, before the skiers make it out.

Quote Originally Posted by christopherstellar View Post
    I have always done very well using inflated night crawlers sprayed with Berkley Gulp Garlic. I have seen this method out fish power bait, but that is just my recommendation. I fish the crawler on a slip bobber rig. The other tactic for Big Bear that works is lead core trolling needle-fish. I use my electronics to identify the thermocline, usually between 15-25 ft, and troll the south side of the lake between the Dam and the Zebra Room. I have caught some nice rainbows doing that on a more consistent basis than any tactic from shore. Only in the early morning will I drop shot power worms on the secondary points, before the skiers make it out.

I was using nightcrawlers but the small catfish kept biting on them so i got tired of that and just threw powerbait out
    We rented a pontoon from big bear marina and just trolled rapalas and needle fish for a bit and landed 1
    I was also throwing out some jigs,spoons and roostertails and no love at all

You have to use lead core line and troll in a z- pattern. Using electronics makes all the difference. Hire a guide and you will be amazed what you learn about BBL. That is exactly how I learned.

You have to use lead core line and troll in a z- pattern. Using electronics makes all the difference. Hire a guide and you will be amazed what you learn about BBL. That is exactly how I learned.
    How much is it to hire a guide ??
    Yeah we were pretty confused on what we were doing since it was our first time trolling haha

http://bigbearfishing.net/, this is who I used.

http://bigbearfishing.net/, this is who I used.

Thanks for the information im gonna check it out right now

Looks like a nice little vacation. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelster View Post
    Looks like a nice little vacation. Thanks for sharing.
    No problem.. It was such a good time

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast