Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BBL lakefront cabin fishing 4/6-4/8

Default BBL lakefront cabin fishing 4/6-4/8

Insane trout bite at big bear is all i can say. We fished friday through sunday at our cabin and friday afternoon was one of the best days at the lake . we fished friday from 4pm to 11pm and caught 15 trout between me and my family everyone was having a blast out there catching fish in the cold even my 3yr old nephew was slamming some trout on 2lb test "my future fishing buddy" the only problem is that he hates waking up early haha. We finished the night at 11pm with 15 trout and 3 small catfish all were Caught and released because we still had two more days of fishing. Saturday morning bite wasnt too good we only landed 2 trout and a cold lol. We decided to get a pontoon boat from 11am to 3pm . We trolled needle fish and rapalas and for our first time trolling we caught 1 trout not bad haha, We also landed 1 more trout on powerbait and for the rest of the day we just cruised the lake enjoying the view.Sunday was the second best day landing 6carp and 15 to 20 trout from 7:30 am to 2pm . My family had a blast this weekend bbqing,fishing,cooking,drinking beer it was a mini vacation that couldnt get better i will definitely be back soon
    We finished the trip with over 30 trout,6 carp and 3 small catfish . I kept 10 trout for dinner and released the rest with no harm . It was so much fun putting my older bro,3yr old nephew and 12yr old niece on some fish i kept a smile on there face the whole trip

We caught all of our fish at metcalf bay on salmon peach & orange powerbait with a 3 to 4 foot leader carolina rigged that was the go to bait
    I also threw out nightcrawlers and mice tails and no luck just p.b was working and it was working good

Dinner

My bros,niece and nephew

Me and my nephew with the first trout of the day

My older bro manny all smiles
    Last edited by Mr T-rex; 04-09-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Nice report and pics! Glad you caught and had a great time :D

Chuck

Awesome! My place is over on Lagunita Point, the fishing can be awesome right in front of those timeshare units, especially this time of the year.

Great job! Way to go with the family! I limited out today...biggest about 18 inches. Caught a bunch the other day too...biggest 20 inches. If you know where to go and what to use the fishing is pretty darn good.

You caught and relesased 20+ trout on power bait??? How do you do that when the hook is stuck in their throat or deeper????

Quote Originally Posted by christopherstellar View Post
    Awesome! My place is over on Lagunita Point, the fishing can be awesome right in front of those timeshare units, especially this time of the year.
    I own one of those lakefront timeshares there, we were there two weeks ago and fished (fished for an hour and half) from the rail and had no bites. Then moved to the beach ( where the BBQs are) and got totally skunked. But last year we were there for a week and did Ok with 2 foot leaders with PB, The guy next to us was killing the lake, he was using 2 foot leader too. Do I need a longer leader like 4 foot to fish there too? Anyone knows?
    Last edited by The Fishing Queen; 07-17-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koshaw View Post
    Nice report and pics! Glad you caught and had a great time :D

Chuck

Thank you and yeah i had a good time i plan on going back soon

Quote Originally Posted by christopherstellar View Post
    I think thats where i caught 1 trout trolling a rapala

Quote Originally Posted by RTG View Post
    Great job! Way to go with the family! I limited out today...biggest about 18 inches. Caught a bunch the other day too...biggest 20 inches. If you know where to go and what to use the fishing is pretty darn good.
    Yeah big bear is good right now i didnt plan on catching so many fish because of the docks in front of our cabin but it turned out to be a hot spot

good job on the limit

Quote Originally Posted by phishin phool View Post
    You caught and relesased 20+ trout on power bait??? How do you do that when the hook is stuck in their throat or deeper????
    Most of the fish that we caught were hooked right on the lip because we would set the hook right away..we kept the fish that swallowed the hook

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast