Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: BBL lakefront cabin fishing 4/6-4/8

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownHunter View Post
    Im not a hater of fish catching..Just a hater of fish catching and killing..Just because I dont have a post count of over 100 doesnt mean I dont fish or know the sport.I educate my kids on proper fish handleing techniques and when I "lurk" and see it on FNN and other sites I will not hesitate to drop knowledge so that we can all enjoy our fisheries. I'm glad everyone had a good time..thats what its all about..

I was raised trout fishing and I was fortunate enough to have been taught how to handle a fish..lip ripping and bloody decks is for the salt and bassmasters..Trout are delicate fish and need to be handled differently..thats all anyone is trying to say..what exactly are we hating on..that you caught fish? not at all..Just that the fish werent handled correctly..here are some things to always remember and dont take this the wrong way..( not intended to offend)

Always handle a trout with wet hands
    never lay a trout on rocks or dirt.
    use a rubber net and try to keep the fish in water for the release.
    NEVER put fingers into thier gills to hold them for a photo. A good tail grip with the other hand supporting the belly is fine and will make a great photo!
    Try and use barbless hooks even if its not the a barbless C&R water.

when fishing put & take lakes keep your limit..Fish bait..what ever..thats what the DFG stocks them for..for you to catch them and take them.
    on the other hand when you catch a wild trout or a nice trout from a pristine mountain lake or stream..C&R..help preserve our fisheries.

And if you really want to chalange yourself..put the power bait away and pick up the fly rod!..once you dial it in you will never touch rainbow power bait again..

Ok Rant over..I am not intending on offending you on your great family outting..just wanted to take the time to help a fellow angler leran a few things that I was lucky enough to have learned myself!

Cheers!
    I'm not trippin nor bashing the ones who are truely trying to upgrade a fisherman.This is why I asked the question...why didnt anyone just pm him and say hey....here's some knowledge that you should practice so we dont have dead fish floating around.I too do not like walking around picking up empty jars or powerbiat,or beer cans,or plastics left by a careless fisherman.I do agree...small trebles will kill a trout gut hooked and bleeding to death.But there is some hate in this thread.I see the passion here in some people's heart for trout fishing.But I see way too much sarcasm.Put yourself in this mans shoes.Ive learned some from this thread and it brings me back to whenI first joined this site.Ive met good people on this board.Just last night a fisherman put me up on some game and I didnt take it to heart because he told me his point of view,and where I can improve.Simple.....he could have talked down on me and dissed me and told me the fastest way I can kiss his arse.We are all in this game for the same objective,to catch fish! Even if I like,love or hate someone on this website....I learn from all of you.Lets keep the knowledge flowing! Good times and the passion for fishing going !!! Tight lines to you all !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    Not defend hatery.. Lol But it's not healthy to just ignore critique. If that were the case I wouldn't be able to draw boobies as well as I could today. =P
    LMAOOOOOOO!! =) Chumster !! Kill kill kill slay slay slay !! As Bones would say !!

POWERBAIT = DEAD TROUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    POWERBAIT = DEAD TROUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Then lets go to DVL and slay some !

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415