Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tournament Restructure Notice by Lip RipperZ, Inc

Keep up the good work Bryan. It is really nice to see someone who owns a company to go through such great lengths to try and either rectify (if possible) or at least take it as a learning experience and move forward. Many business owners in the world have a holier then thou approach and that doesn't work. Especially as a small business working within a tight knit demographic.

Also free lip ripperz products doesn't hurt either...

Just kidding.

Again I commend you on your prompt action on this holiday weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by fishfnatic View Post
    Keep up the good work Bryan. It is really nice to see someone who owns a company to go through such great lengths to try and either rectify (if possible) or at least take it as a learning experience and move forward. Many business owners in the world have a holier then thou approach and that doesn't work. Especially as a small business working within a tight knit demographic.

Also free lip ripperz products doesn't hurt either...

Just kidding.

Again I commend you on your prompt action on this holiday weekend.
    Like I said, great guy, great post

I hate to say this , but........... People need to be watched (I guess, what a shame). So how 'bout a couple of "fishing referees" (security if you like) cruising around in boats with binoculars and/or walking the shoreline watching everyone that needs to be watched. A secured tourney is one option - now how do you do it?
    Has it really come to this? Have people let it get to this?

I don't think a couple of signatures is going to do a thing. People have been lying forever, and will continue to do so. crashburn2020

Quote Originally Posted by flashburn2020 View Post
    I hate to say this , but........... People need to be watched (I guess, what a shame). So how 'bout a couple of "fishing referees" (security if you like) cruising around in boats with binoculars and/or walking the shoreline watching everyone that needs to be watched. A secured tourney is one option - now how do you do it?
    Has it really come to this? Have people let it get to this?

I don't think a couple of signatures is going to do a thing. People have been lying forever, and will continue to do so. crashburn2020
    That would be great to have extra security but it's not a coincidence that everyone is not surprised who is involved the rumors have shown to be fact now and I don't really see this being a problem now besides everyone will be watching for this now which is good

I agree with prowlertuber, this will probably not happen again since there is so much awareness. Let's just have fun and fish.

Two witnesses would require two other people being present. Single boat anglers, tubers and yakers would encounter defacto disqualification. Requiring three people in a boat, or on the water referees to witness the catch would be other options, but the two other people present on the boat would require a blind draw for buddies, also requiring the numbers of entrants to be in multiples of three (can't divide 61 boat anglers into equal groups of three.)
    Forfeiture of a deposit would be awesome, but that would turn our passtime into a more elite pursuit, alienating too many people who, for whatever reason, could not post the deposit and that's not right.
    Probably the best thing going is what happened Saturday with lake employees witnessing the act. That in itself should be iron-clad and irrefutable evidence.
    Best scenario is long-term (permanent would be better) disqualification from future tournaments or lake admission, and fullest legal prosecution.

Although the 2 witness idea would work at SARL & Corona it would not work at Irvine. IMO the VINE has had a problem with people walking the shores sight fishing which in most cases this season has led to all the controversy. Throwing a jig at a trout in your zone is fine but chasing a trout all down the shorelines for 30 mins until it finally bites or snaged is another. Not sure if you are aware Brian, this season at Irvine lake, thousands of dollars have been paid out to people using this method and it is actually going to start growing if not stopped.

I have no idea how it would be entered into the rules or worded but it really does need to be added!

Secret spy fisherman without an agenda and not entered into the contest. I'd bet there would be many on this board that would volunteer to ensure our sport/recreational activity isn't further drug through the mud by those that have only greed and notoriety as their motive.

It really sucks that it has come to this and I would hate to be in Brian's shoes. It is a testimant to Brian and the Irvine lake staff for taking this seriously but things like this have been going on for quite some time. I as a kayaker have caught many trout without a witness close enough to verify how I caught said fish. This is a good idea in theory but just not doable on Irvine lake. I don't know what the surefire answer to stop this is but hopefully someone will come up with a brillant idea.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Secret spy fisherman without an agenda and not entered into the contest. I'd bet there would be many on this board that would volunteer to ensure our sport/recreational activity isn't further drug through the mud by those that have only greed and notoriety as their motive.
    A friend and I thought this would be a great idea. Im in, volunteer any tiime. I have plenty of friends that would luv to do it also.

just offer a free pass to the volunteer to fake fish for the day and bust SNAGGERS, NETTERS, LAKE JUMPERS all on my GoPro beeeoches....lol
    Last edited by BRING IT; 04-08-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast