Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tournament Restructure Notice by Lip RipperZ, Inc

1. Default Tournament Restructure Notice by Lip RipperZ, Inc

Tournament Restructure Notice by Lip RipperZ, Inc

Attention all anglers participating in future Lip RipperZ events. Our Attorney has advised the following policy:

As sportsmen here at Lip RipperZ, we believe that sportsmanship goes hand in hand with high morals, fairness and the respect and love of our great outdoors. It is also our belief that today’s sportsmen set the bar for our future generations, so we must be ever vigilant in protecting that which we so dearly love. Unfortunately, there are those in our society that may get lost on occasion, or don’t see the importance of setting a good example for our future generations, but the good news is, we in the majority do.

As such, and in light of recent controversy, we are not going to let a few bad apples spoil the bunch (whoever they may be) and have decided to continue to do our part to provide families with plenty of fun fishing opportunities to get out on the lake, spend time together fishing, and have equal chances at winning great prizes.

From here forward, all “big fish prize winners” will be required, as a condition of winning or receiving the prize, to sign an “Affidavit” which must be accompanied with at least two (2) witness co-signatures attesting to the fact that the fish was legally caught as per the official tournament and or lake rules. Any winner or co-witness found to have fraudulently signed and presented this Affidavit as fact in order to win any prize, will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. AND WE MEAN IT!!

Here at Lip RipperZ, Inc, we try to do everything possible to provide quality products, and or, services, and feel this is a way to keep that track record moving forward. With this new legally binding contract present during our events, we feel this will go a long way in warding off those that think un-sportsmen like conduct pays.

In no way, shape or form, was this letter intended to be directed toward any single individuals. Further comments / opinions on this matter can be sent directly my attention at the email below. Please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Bryan Friedman, CEO
    Lip RipperZ, Inc
    Sales@lipripperz.com
    Last edited by Lip Ripperz; 04-08-2012 at 01:58 PM.

How about this ???? http://polytest.org/Fishing2003.htm Not affiliated with this company.

Recommendations for Tournament Directors
    It is important that tournament rules reflect the likelihood of polygraph testing and that each angler agrees to the rules before fishing. We recommend the following wording: "Prior to the distribution of any awards, any angler or registered crew member, at the discretion of the tournament director, may be required to take and pass a polygraph exam. The time and place for the polygraph testing will be determined by the tournament director. If any angler wishes to dispute an unfavorable polygraph result, the angler may have a second polygraph conducted within 10 days by a qualified polygraph examiner at the angler's expense. This 'tiebreaker' polygraph must be administered to ASTM standards."

We recommend that prize moneys be withheld until the polygraph exams have been completed. We strongly discourage the administration of any polygraph exams on a fishing day since testing is less reliable when a person is fatigued. We recommend the exams be conducted on the next available day after the tournament ends. We recommend scheduling exam dates at least 60 days prior to the tournament to avoid scheduling conflicts. Since a properly-conducted tournament exam takes about one hour, you may need to hire more than one examiner if you anticipate the need for more than 5 or 6 exams.

What if the winning fish were caught by a lone fisherman with no witnesses around? I mean, many times someone will catch a nice fish, and there may be several fishermen in the general area (or not), but none are paying attention to you? Tubers, yakers and tooners would be affected by this rule should one of them get the winning fish. Or if any witnesses were not in the tourney and just bail before the fish is weighed or the witnesses just cant be found during weigh in?

^+1
    andd... a polygraph test will cost hundreds of dollars.

Just my .02

I do commend Bryan for trying to help prevent particular situations that need to be prevented.

Stand up guy in my book, and has a killer smile.. no homo :middlefinger:

I think this is a great step in demonstrating that they care that the tourney remain legit; however, I agree withthe above poster who stated that one may not have a witness. What happens to me when I'm tubin and catch the big one with no one around to see. I should win but now I can't because I don't have a witness.

As for recommendations, I'm not sure either. It really comes down to integrity and trust. If someone wants to cheat real bad, they'll find a way. I was once told a lock only keeps honest people honest.

Baby steps guys, this all didnt start overnight. Like Mastertrout said a lock only keeps honest people honest.

Keep posting ideas it will help im sure.

Have Fun/ Fish Hard
    BRING IT

Quote Originally Posted by REEL EZ View Post
    How about this ???? http://polytest.org/Fishing2003.htm Not affiliated with this company.

Recommendations for Tournament Directors
    It is important that tournament rules reflect the likelihood of polygraph testing and that each angler agrees to the rules before fishing. We recommend the following wording: "Prior to the distribution of any awards, any angler or registered crew member, at the discretion of the tournament director, may be required to take and pass a polygraph exam. The time and place for the polygraph testing will be determined by the tournament director. If any angler wishes to dispute an unfavorable polygraph result, the angler may have a second polygraph conducted within 10 days by a qualified polygraph examiner at the angler's expense. This 'tiebreaker' polygraph must be administered to ASTM standards."

We recommend that prize moneys be withheld until the polygraph exams have been completed. We strongly discourage the administration of any polygraph exams on a fishing day since testing is less reliable when a person is fatigued. We recommend the exams be conducted on the next available day after the tournament ends. We recommend scheduling exam dates at least 60 days prior to the tournament to avoid scheduling conflicts. Since a properly-conducted tournament exam takes about one hour, you may need to hire more than one examiner if you anticipate the need for more than 5 or 6 exams.
    Seriously no need for a polygraph, we all know what the deal is an who's involved. I doubt will have to worry about this anymore now that it's finally come to light, so let's just fish and do what we do and catch fish. Fix who needs to get paid and bann those responsible from the Vine and call it a day! Daniella, Jimmy and the crew run a top notch lake and staff. Tight lines everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lip Ripperz View Post
    Tournament Restructure Notice by Lip RipperZ, Inc

Attention all anglers participating in future Lip RipperZ events. Our Attorney has advised the following policy:

As sportsmen here at Lip RipperZ, we believe that sportsmanship goes hand in hand with high morals, fairness and the respect and love of our great outdoors. It is also our belief that today’s sportsmen set the bar for our future generations, so we must be ever vigilant in protecting that which we so dearly love. Unfortunately, there are those in our society that may get lost on occasion, or don’t see the importance of setting a good example for our future generations, but the good news is, we in the majority do.

As such, and in light of recent controversy, we are not going to let a few bad apples spoil the bunch (whoever they may be) and have decided to continue to do our part to provide families with plenty of fun fishing opportunities to get out on the lake, spend time together fishing, and have equal chances at winning great prizes.

From here forward, all “big fish prize winners” will be required, as a condition of winning or receiving the prize, to sign an “Affidavit” which must be accompanied with at least two (2) witness co-signatures attesting to the fact that the fish was legally caught as per the official tournament and or lake rules. Any winner or co-witness found to have fraudulently signed and presented this Affidavit as fact in order to win any prize, will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. AND WE MEAN IT!!

Here at Lip RipperZ, Inc, we try to do everything possible to provide quality products, and or, services, and feel this is a way to keep that track record moving forward. With this new legally binding contract present during our events, we feel this will go a long way in warding off those that think un-sportsmen like conduct pays.

In no way, shape or form, was this letter intended to be directed toward any single individuals. Further comments / opinions on this matter can be sent directly my attention at the email below. Please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Bryan Friedman, CEO
    Lip RipperZ, Inc
    Sales@lipripperz.com

Your definatly going to need a different Idea than 2 witnesses. That is just crazy (not thought threw very well, I hope your attorney didn't come up with that or you need to give him the old Donald Trump "YOUR FIRED") routine, and a "Polygragh" someone needs to get reel. And as they say in the shark tank "For this reason I'm out".
    Last edited by Big Daddy; 04-08-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by casting call View Post
    What if the winning fish were caught by a lone fisherman with no witnesses around? I mean, many times someone will catch a nice fish, and there may be several fishermen in the general area (or not), but none are paying attention to you? Tubers, yakers and tooners would be affected by this rule should one of them get the winning fish. Or if any witnesses were not in the tourney and just bail before the fish is weighed or the witnesses just cant be found during weigh in?
    Maybe you guy's won't be eligible to win anymore only us guy's in a boat or on shore if we have 5 or 6 people around. Give's me a little bit of a chance now. I'm all for this (you guy's still need to pay your money though) instead of getting screwed from the sight fisherman you will get it from me and (Jo Mamma II).
    Last edited by Big Daddy; 04-08-2012 at 04:52 PM.

10. Default

Whether or not this becomes final edit a, b, c or d, its still a work in progress. But putting a plan into action to try and prevent cheating is a top priority. All suggestions welcome.
    Last edited by Lip Ripperz; 04-08-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast