Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Friday at Lake Perris

Default Good Friday at Lake Perris

I only had a few hours to fish today so I stay close to home, where there are no crowds, and fish Lake Perris.
    Headed out to Lake Perris, on the water at 6:30 and headed East. Caught a dink on my super duper then I finally get to the far East and catch a 2.7 pounder on a DS Robo. Toss back out and catch this 3+

Catch a couple more 2 and 3 pounder but now it is time time head for the beach.

Troll back and catch another dink on a silver Crappie jig.
    I continue to work the area, start to pour a cup of coffee an get out a cigar to light and BAM

Can you say Bucket Mouth, 8.77 pounds caught on a Senko Swim Bait

Total for the day is seven LMB's
    (2) dinks
    (2) 2#+
    (2) 3#+
    and
    (1) 8 3/4#.
    Didn't see anything on beds yet, these were all caught 6-8 feet of water. 63^.
    When I kicked back to the launch I check out Power Boat Cove and the temp is 66^ in the cove
    Funny thing about the wind, it was coming out of the NE, I have never fished there when it wasn't coming out of the West.

I went out today to hit the same area as yesterday and got skunked!!!! Wth happened??? Oh well Congrats on the great day .

Wow Kelley! Where was that bass last Sunday?! Thats an awesome fish. Congrats for sure. Never used a Senko swimbait, but we did pretty good today at DVL on Senkos. Hey, any panfish? I'll post later, too tired right now-it was a long day.

Good job out there

Nice day! Way to go on the 8# fish

Nice day at Perris! Congrats! Senko swimbait huh? Have to look that one up!

That is the first time it has ever worked. I had it fly-lined and pretty much was my dead stick so it was really jigging off of the bottom of 6' water. It is now my PB by a pound.
    @Jeff, some of the bass boaters said that they had caught a couple. This time I stayed w/ my game and targeted nothing but LMB. These were all caught in open water, not deep but not in the shallows.
    There was one guy on a bass boat w/ his son in the shallows and he keep throwing everything he had about four feet from his boat. He said that there was a big female on a bed. He never got her to strike and I didn't go look afterwards, I was having too much fun out where I was.

u got some nice fish there way to go... by any chance u know what time they close the lake??

This is a pic of the lure I used. The trout worm is there for reference.

WTG on a nice day...Congrats on the 8+lber...time to get to LP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast