Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 sierra opener countdown

Default 2012 sierra opener countdown

I can't wait for the opener this year there is gonna be some big fish like always. I always start the Saturday at convict lake because its a tradition and then we go hit the ice fishing the most of the day. Can't go wrong with the ice fishing last year got some nice 4 pounders. So where do you guys start at?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJigger96 View Post
    I can't wait for the opener this year there is gonna be some big fish like always. I always start the Saturday at convict lake because its a tradition and then we go hit the ice fishing the most of the day. Can't go wrong with the ice fishing last year got some nice 4 pounders. So where do you guys start at?
    Imma follow your footstep.. hehehe

see you there!

never been there before but i do plan on going .. Can anybody pm me some information if you dont mind

Too bad the convict lake campground is closed. Hopefully you weren't planning to camp there.

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHuck View Post
    Too bad the convict lake campground is closed. Hopefully you weren't planning to camp there.
    No I stay in a hotel up in mammoth so I'm good.

This will be my first year going up for the opener. Im towing my boat up and staying the whole week. I was planning on going up the second week but plans fell threw so opening week it is. Have a slip starting on Monday at b port res. Dont know where to go on sat and sun. Thought about the twins or maybe hang around the loop and fish june or grant. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by cjschock View Post
    This will be my first year going up for the opener. Im towing my boat up and staying the whole week. I was planning on going up the second week but plans fell threw so opening week it is. Have a slip starting on Monday at b port res. Dont know where to go on sat and sun. Thought about the twins or maybe hang around the loop and fish june or grant. Any suggestions?
    Idk were you I would forsure hit up the juneloop there is some big boys in those lakes. Try fishing all of those lakes in the loop. If you get a big one you could always enter the derby that the loop has every year and win some cash and prizes. Also if you want go all the way and hit up convict it is worth it forsure to go down there. Twin lakes might be frozen over not to sure about that.

In the past, (I'm 46) Dry Winters have meant great Openers. Not good at all for rivers and creeks mid, to late Summer though. Crowley and the Bridgeport Res. have been open almost all year. I'm no expert, just going on past experience.

June loop all the way

My favorite part of the opener is the ice fishing. Just bought a gas powered auger and can't wait to use it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast