Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: LA Dodgers OFFICIAL 2012 Thread - Brought To You Buy Magic Johnson's Theaters

Strasburg v Kershaw tonight.

Gonna be a lot of disappointed fans if a pitching duel breaks out.

You'd think tickets would be sold out for an epic match up like this one! Anybody snatch up the $9 "HARANG" specials in the lower field for tonight's game? If I wasn't busy, I'd be all over tonight's match up.

And Speaking of the Nationals...

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    OK just saw the Nationals pick to take the East, obviously this is all a joke...
    And while obviously the season is young, its quite hilarious that they are in first place in the East at this moment in time. If you're a baseball fan, you can easily see why the Nationals have a great shot at it, considering the decrepit Phillies that are no longer a dominating force.

I'm holding THAT betting slip securely behind a magnet on the fridge, along with the Dodgers-To-Win-It-All slip that i get every year.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Strasburg v Kershaw tonight.

Gonna be a lot of disappointed fans if a pitching duel breaks out.

You'd think tickets would be sold out for an epic match up like this one! Anybody snatch up the $9 "HARANG" specials in the lower field for tonight's game? If I wasn't busy, I'd be all over tonight's match up.
    Two fans who won't be disappointed and will be watching: CD and CG (just on TV.) I'm pretty sure I have the only 11-year-old daughter in the Valley who watches baseball on TV and I know I have the only daughter in all of Christendom who not only knows what the Cy Young award is, but knows who won it for the NL last year.

Another cool interest we've developed - making fun of Steve Lyons when Vin has the night off. While we'd rather have Vin on the air it's kinda fun to base on Steve's dopy declarations and platitudes... sorta like back in the day when guys would get together to watch Monday Night Football and make fun of Dan Dierdorff... That's what's so great about having kids; handing down traditions.

I hope that Kershaw pitches a complete game! Cause Guerra is starting to bring back flashbacks of Broxton.Not to mention putting a strain on my poor stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by cambofisher View Post
    I hope that Kershaw pitches a complete game! Cause Guerra is starting to bring back flashbacks of Broxton.Not to mention putting a strain on my poor stomach.
    X2 on that one!

Quote Originally Posted by cambofisher View Post
    ....Not to mention putting a strain on my poor stomach.
    What about the strain on Guerra's face?!

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    That's what's so great about having kids; handing down traditions.
    And if you're truly innovative, you can have them fetch beers from the fridge and 'hand them down' to you while you're on the couch.

At least that's what MY dad used to do, until I got old enough that I'd end up handing him an almost empty can whenever he'd send me off.

Then he got wise and got them himself.
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 04-27-2012 at 03:29 PM.

^^^ Awesome game...was there for chippers last game....all i can say is what a badass...but yeah, the dodgers will choke just like the lakers will in the finals

Anyone going to today`s game to watch them beat out the nat`s?
    After last nights tenth inning win, i cant wait to see what happens today...

Quote Originally Posted by FELIPE View Post
    Anyone going to today`s game to watch them beat out the nat`s?
    After last nights tenth inning win, i cant wait to see what happens today...
    We were there yesterday! Loney's badminton style swat was a beautiful thing to watch...

Also, CG asked why everyone was booing Harper. I told her he has a reputation for being cocky, arrogant and most importantly good. When she asked what he did that was cocky/arrogant, I told here about the tossing of the hat, the blowing kisses to opposing players, etc.. She nodded knowingly and said he's a teenager. Smart kid, that CG.

Fun game, good swag - Kershaw jersey for GC - and the last "official" day of the McCourt era.

Already getting blast-furnace hot out there in the sun. Which seat #S are in the shade???

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    Also, CG asked why everyone was booing Harper.
    Because we look for any opportunity to boo our opponents?

The kid's got a canon for an arm, and has one of the quickest hands I've seen in a while. I thought that pitch Billingsley made was far enough in to saw him off, and instead, he almost inside outs a laser over Kemp's head?

Someone better check the center field wall base for damage.

The douche-y haircut needs to go though. It looks like the haircut I gave my GF's cat.

versus

BTW, we got fly tying material. :-D Wanna make us some guaranteed CD patterns?

it was a nice game i was kinda zombied out though,
    left work @ 7am an didnt get any sleep. kids loved their jerseys!!
    only seats in the shade are up high in the sky....thats whrere we were enjoying the game!!!
    i think everyone here with their funny attitude about cholos n trouble makers should just steer
    clear of the stadium or LOS ANGELES FOR that matter,this is a multi-culti city....seems like people
    only noticed the trouble when all white people started coming back from the i.e.....ITS LOS ANGELES
    AND YES ITS STILL DANGEROUS TO YOU!!!!!!!

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast