Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: LA Dodgers OFFICIAL 2012 Thread - Brought To You Buy Magic Johnson's Theaters

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    Oh, I didn't mean to imply that Dodger Stadium isn't home to baseballs dumbest, most violent fans - because clearly it is. What I meant to say - or asks rather - is that shouldn't a grown man, knowing he's going into Baseball's Most Dangerous Venue, bear some responsibility for his decisions or actions? We know Brian Stowe was talking it up with Dodger fans in the stadium - that much can be verified. What we don't know is what happened in the parking lot. Are we really to believe that out of all the many Giant fans going through the parking lot at that time these bastards picked Stowe (not a small man) to jump for no reason? Again I am not justifying what happened or the horrid state of security at Dodger Stadium... but when I do the math - seems like someone ain't being straight here. Bottom line: I think Brian Stowe took his "team spirit" outside which, given the unfortunate realities on the ground, was a bad choice. Not excusing the beat down or lax security... but there was poor judgement enough to go around. The support shown the Stowe family is really a great thing. But elevating Brian Stowe to some kind of hero status... well, I just don't get that.
    To say that Brian Stowe "got what he deserved" for wearing his teams colors is ridiculous! People forget that this is just a game and everyone is entitled to cheer for their team regardless of where they are. I'm all for talking a little smack to the other fans and having a little fun with it, but violance should never part of the game. This event has given all Dodger fans a bad name because a couple thug's wanted to prove they are hard. This was an embarrassment. I went to a Dodger game in SF and it was completly different! I was worried about hearing some Brian Stowe comments or getting harrassed about the situation but didn't receive anything. Their fans were actually civilized.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdavis13 View Post
    Their fans were actually civilized.
    And have you tasted the garlic fries? ZOMG!

6 -1, 1st place in the West!

Time to plan the World Series Championship parade route!

Get better Vin, we all miss you.

To say that Brian Stowe "got what he deserved" for wearing his teams colors is ridiculous! People forget that this is just a game and everyone is entitled to cheer for their team regardless of where they are. I'm all for talking a little smack to the other fans and having a little fun with it, but violance should never part of the game. This event has given all Dodger fans a bad name because a couple thug's wanted to prove they are hard. This was an embarrassment. I went to a Dodger game in SF and it was completly different! I was worried about hearing some Brian Stowe comments or getting harrassed about the situation but didn't receive anything. Their fans were actually civilized.
    I don't see anywhere in which I said Brian Stowe "got what he deserved. In fact, I think I was pretty clear in saying that I thought what happened was wrong. What I did try and say is that I don't agree with the way the situation is being portrayed in the media - a lone Brian Stowe in a sea of angry, violent Dodger fans who let a man get savagly beaten while they looked on and did nothing. As I said, the truth is more complicated. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    And have you tasted the garlic fries? ZOMG!

6 -1, 1st place in the West!

Time to plan the World Series Championship parade route!

Get better Vin, we all miss you.
    I'm excited to see them doing this well to start the season... but they should have this record considering who they have played so far! Even tho the Pirates have some talent, they and the Padres are probably in the bottom 5 of the league. But according to most the Dodgers are not that much above them. I like the make up of the team even tho they do not have the best lineup. It's great to see Kemp and Eithier off to hot starts! If the pitching staff can keep them in games, they should be able to contend with most teams.

I don't see anywhere in which I said Brian Stowe "got what he deserved. In fact, I think I was pretty clear in saying that I thought what happened was wrong. What I did try and say is that I don't agree with the way the situation is being portrayed in the media - a lone Brian Stowe in a sea of angry, violent Dodger fans who let a man get savagly beaten while they looked on and did nothing. As I said, the truth is more complicated. That's all.
    I agree that the media coverage is a little exaggerated, but its not completly off target either. I didn't hear about about anyone stepping in to help Stowe because they were probably all affraid that they would be shot. I'm a huge Dodger fan and I worry about be shot there and I got shot at for a living in military. I don't think much can be done to change the atmosphere there because those people are not going to change even if more cops are brought in. But its unfair to say that Stowe has should take some responsibility because he was wearing his colors and talking trash back. Talking trash is all part of the rivalry, but the low-life gangbangers took it to another level in the parking lot. Your right that no one knows what exactly happened in the parking lot and what was said, but we do know that he and his friends were running away in fear as they caught up and smashed his head in.

I agree that the media coverage is a little exaggerated, but its not completly off target either. I didn't hear about about anyone stepping in to help Stowe because they were probably all affraid that they would be shot. I'm a huge Dodger fan and I worry about be shot there and I got shot at for a living in military. I don't think much can be done to change the atmosphere there because those people are not going to change even if more cops are brought in. But its unfair to say that Stowe has should take some responsibility because he was wearing his colors and talking trash back. Talking trash is all part of the rivalry, but the low-life gangbangers took it to another level in the parking lot. Your right that no one knows what exactly happened in the parking lot and what was said, but we do know that he and his friends were running away in fear as they caught up and smashed his head in.
    Point noted. "Responsibility" was the wrong word to use. I was wrong. He absolutely had the right to wear his colors and join in the smack talk, no question. I'm just feeling a deep sense of resentment over the whole thing. I resent the low-lifes who kick it at the games and I resent the public image of the real Dodger fans - the baseball fans - as having any similarity to the animals who attacked Brian Stowe.

....and I resent the public image of the real Dodger fans - the baseball fans - as having any similarity to the animals who attacked Brian Stowe.
    Don't worry.

I'm sure those 80 people have learned to live with that fact for the past decade or so.

We'll just continue to going to games and listening to Vin on 790 while not actively looking for a beach ball to hit or a wave to participate in.

Don't worry.

I'm sure those 80 people have learned to live with that fact for the past decade or so.

We'll just continue to going to games and listening to Vin on 790 while not actively looking for a beach ball to hit or a wave to participate in.
    City Girl and I are gonna be among the 80 tonight who are at the stadium shivering, hoping to see a game played. If it does get cancelled we can console ourselves with the knowledge that we are a part of history - only 17 rainouts, the last in 2000.

Don't worry.

They are actually on AM 570

7-1 BABY!!!!

THINK BLUE

TD

I went to bed at 8-4 with Coffey throwing his weak as chit and thought "surely not even Coffey could lose this"

Woke up and Ethier won it in another walk-off

WTF happened?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast