Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: LA Dodgers OFFICIAL 2012 Thread - Brought To You Buy Magic Johnson's Theaters

Quote Originally Posted by Cangler View Post
    81-81

But DS will probably be right as usual
    Ahh, the ole .500. The safe bet.

I'm just taking into consideration the lack of depth we have in our pitching staff. I don't know where people get the idea of being anywhere above the middle of the pack with the current rotation we have. Apparently having a Cy Young winner means he'll win 40 games? I dunno.

Capuano sucks, Harang is garbage and Ted Lilly is getting hammered in his rehab starts in Double A.

I won't even touch the offense, which is 'ripe' for mediocrity. Let's hope James Loney gets a hit this month. And Uribe gets more than 1.

You guys need to have some faith! It's true that this team doesn't have that many stars outside of Kemp, Kershaw, and Eithier (when healthy), but they seem to have chemistry now which really helps win games. I believe their pitching will keep them in most games and their bullpen is very under rated. Hopefully the new ownership will be able to make a splash at the trading deadline if the team is close to the top.

I would without a doubt like to see a change at third as Uribe is probably 5 years older than he says and can't hit in an old mans softball league becuase he swings out of his *****!

Quote Originally Posted by crashdavis13 View Post
    Hopefully the new ownership will be able to make a splash at the trading deadline if the team is close to the top.
    Hopefully the new ownership doesn't get sued by their investors.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/04/...zed-by-others/

Jeez..

"Meet the new boss....same as the old boss."

So they bought the team with money they didn't have, and plan to pay for it using investors' money?

But, their investors' don't know that yet.

Awesome.

Hopefully there aren't any Brian Stow incidents in the parking lot for today's opener.

Go Blue!

Oh, and when will Loney get his first hit? Hopefully it happens this month.

Talk about a black hole in the line up.
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 04-10-2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Loney blows.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Hopefully the new ownership doesn't get sued by their investors.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/04/...zed-by-others/

Jeez..

"Meet the new boss....same as the old boss."

So they bought the team with money they didn't have, and plan to pay for it using investors' money?

But, their investors' don't know that yet.

Awesome.

Hopefully there aren't any Brian Stow incidents in the parking lot for today's opener.

Go Blue!

Oh, and when will Loney get his first hit? Hopefully it happens this month.

Talk about a black hole in the line up.
    This seems like its mostly speculation. I don't think Major League Baseball would let them buy the team if they didn't have enough of their own cash and assets. All the owners repeatly reviewed each group that submitted bids. They do not want another Frank McCourt issue. I haven't personally done the research, but every article I read and in every interview, they say that the Guggenheim family are billionairs on their own. I'm an optimist so I would like to think they will be much better than the last ownership. I don't think Magic Johnson would have teamed with them if he knew that they didn't have the money.

Are you sure that you are not a Giants fan Shadow? I don't think I have seen you post one positive thing about the Dodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdavis13 View Post
    Are you sure that you are not a Giants fan Shadow? I don't think I have seen you post one positive thing about the Dodgers.
    Not at all.

Just seem to do the majority of analysis based on reality, rather than pipe dreams, and unfortunately, reality doesn't look to good for the Boys in Blue at this moment in time.

I also don't like setting myself up for disappointment.

Go Blue!
    I (as everyone here knows) am an evil person - so the following exclamation won't come as any surprise: I HAVE HAD AN ABSOLUTE ARSE-FULL OF THE DEIFICATION OF BRIAN STOWE AND THE VILIFICATION OF THE DODGERS, THEIR FANS AND THE ENTIRE CITY. If this makes me an even rottener person then so be it... it’s the way I feel

To be sure, what happened to Mr. Stowe is a tragedy - a man struck down in his prime, two young children loosing the father they knew forever. It is horrific. However, the deep sorrow of this story has prevented any truthful conversation about the incident.

For days leading up to Opening Day the airwaves and print media were awash in stories that portrayed Mr. Stowe as an almost angelic figure of pure, innocent baseball fandom, “a single orange and black jersey in a sea of blue” as one radio editorial put it - and I’m not making that up. Mr. Stowe, if we are to believe the popular narrative, had nothing but kind intentions and good will as he was, for no reason other than his team colors, singled out and attacked by a complete stranger. For this, we are told, the Dodgers and all their fans are guilty.

I’m sorry Brian Stowe and family, but that’s not right. I’m not saying he deserved what happened but there’s some responsibility for this tragedy that is being deflected.

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    I (as everyone here knows) am an evil person - so the following exclamation won't come as any surprise: I HAVE HAD AN ABSOLUTE ARSE-FULL OF THE DEIFICATION OF BRIAN STOWE AND THE VILIFICATION OF THE DODGERS, THEIR FANS AND THE ENTIRE CITY. If this makes me an even rottener person then so be it... it’s the way I feel

To be sure, what happened to Mr. Stowe is a tragedy - a man struck down in his prime, two young children loosing the father they knew forever. It is horrific. However, the deep sorrow of this story has prevented any truthful conversation about the incident.

For days leading up to Opening Day the airwaves and print media were awash in stories that portrayed Mr. Stowe as an almost angelic figure of pure, innocent baseball fandom, “a single orange and black jersey in a sea of blue” as one radio editorial put it - and I’m not making that up. Mr. Stowe, if we are to believe the popular narrative, had nothing but kind intentions and good will as he was, for no reason other than his team colors, singled out and attacked by a complete stranger. For this, we are told, the Dodgers and all their fans are guilty.

I’m sorry Brian Stowe and family, but that’s not right. I’m not saying he deserved what happened but there’s some responsibility for this tragedy that is being deflected.

Just my two cents.
    While I have to agree somewhat, unfortunately a few bad apples do ruin the bunch, and the media loves nothing more than making the entire bunch responsible.

Now, having said this, I haven't experienced that same type of jack assery at other ball parks that I see occurring at Dodger Stadium in the past few years. As a Dodger fan, I'm usually pretty embarrassed for an entire 9 innings, seeing that the 'type' of fan I'm referring to, are as ignorant in life, as they are in knowing the game of baseball.

At Angel Stadium, the fans may not know much about baseball, but at least they sit there and watch the game, sipping their Merlot, giving others the opportunity to watch the game without hearing expletives every 5 seconds. Hell, even at a game I attended in CITI Field in New York 2 years ago, the chants of "Dodgers suck" usually followed some astute analysis on WHY we suck.

I think knowing what an E.R.A. represents should be a requirement to get into the ball park.

That'll solve the "Left Field Pavillion" problem that we currently have at the stadium. The presence of LAPD won't, unless you are looking at making Chavez Ravine a demilitarized zone.

While I have to agree somewhat, unfortunately a few bad apples do ruin the bunch, and the media loves nothing more than making the entire bunch responsible.

Now, having said this, I haven't experienced that same type of jack assery at other ball parks that I see occurring at Dodger Stadium in the past few years. As a Dodger fan, I'm usually pretty embarrassed for an entire 9 innings, seeing that the 'type' of fan I'm referring to, are as ignorant in life, as they are in knowing the game of baseball.

At Angel Stadium, the fans may not know much about baseball, but at least they sit there and watch the game, sipping their Merlot, giving others the opportunity to watch the game without hearing expletives every 5 seconds. Hell, even at a game I attended in CITI Field in New York 2 years ago, the chants of "Dodgers suck" usually followed some astute analysis on WHY we suck.

I think knowing what an E.R.A. represents should be a requirement to get into the ball park.

That'll solve the "Left Field Pavillion" problem that we currently have at the stadium. The presence of LAPD won't, unless you are looking at making Chavez Ravine a demilitarized zone.
    Oh, I didn't mean to imply that Dodger Stadium isn't home to baseballs dumbest, most violent fans - because clearly it is. What I meant to say - or asks rather - is that shouldn't a grown man, knowing he's going into Baseball's Most Dangerous Venue, bear some responsibility for his decisions or actions? We know Brian Stowe was talking it up with Dodger fans in the stadium - that much can be verified. What we don't know is what happened in the parking lot. Are we really to believe that out of all the many Giant fans going through the parking lot at that time these bastards picked Stowe (not a small man) to jump for no reason? Again I am not justifying what happened or the horrid state of security at Dodger Stadium... but when I do the math - seems like someone ain't being straight here. Bottom line: I think Brian Stowe took his "team spirit" outside which, given the unfortunate realities on the ground, was a bad choice. Not excusing the beat down or lax security... but there was poor judgement enough to go around. The support shown the Stowe family is really a great thing. But elevating Brian Stowe to some kind of hero status... well, I just don't get that.

Quote Originally Posted by city dad View Post
    oh, i didn't mean to imply that dodger stadium isn't home to baseballs dumbest, most violent fans - because clearly it is.
    omg you giants fan!

omg you giants fan!
    Well, they do say black is slimming...

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast