Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: LA Dodgers OFFICIAL 2012 Thread - Brought To You Buy Magic Johnson's Theaters

Quote Originally Posted by angelsfan951 View Post
    Worst mistake magic did in buying the doyersss.. 2 Billion for a team that was worth no more then 500 mil. haha what a joke. His *** will be bankrupt soon as the number of fans has decreased and who the hell wants to see them play anyways...
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Worth $500 million? I'll wait for the cable deal, and I'll revisit your post.
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodger...,4821671.story

Fox Sports could pay at least $6 billion to retain the Dodgers’ television rights, three parties familiar with the negotiations said Sunday.The deal could be worth three times what the Dodgers’ new owners paid for the team and almost 20 times the value of the Dodgers’ current television contract.
    $500,000,000 < $6,000,000,000 (and that's just for television rights)

Worth 500 million, eh? Apparently investment banking is not your forté?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodger...,4821671.story

$500,000,000 < $6,000,000,000 (and that's just for television rights)

Worth 500 million, eh? Apparently investment banking is not your forté?
    I hope they take at least one billion of that and start greasing the wheels in Cuba...

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    I hope they take at least one billion of that and start greasing the wheels in Cuba...
    Well, we already picked up Yasiel Puig from Cuba.

Dude looks like a horse! Built like a Brian Urlacher.

Even so, Céspedes, Chapman, Grandal have been all picked up by other teams in the past 4 years or so, and after watching them play in the World Baseball Classic 8? years ago, I knew that they would eventually be in the bigs. And, after watching the WBC for almost a decade now (and not missing any Serie del Caribe games in between), it seems that the bulk of the talent is already in the Majors. That doesn't mean there couldn't be a diamond in the rough on the island, but I haven't heard of any other prospects that have the skills to make that jump. Statistically, we should continue our scouting efforts in La Dominicana.

Also, when you look at it, the latest young talent in MLB have been homegrown (Strasburg, Trout, Harper, etc) and perhaps we can focus our efforts on rebuilding our farm system that has been seemingly depleted since the days of Fox & Co™. Perhaps we can maybe get an arm or a bat....

But please no Grienke.

Or Josh Hamilton.

Imagine Josh Hamilton in LA? That'd be like Rick James in a crack house. He'd relapse on the plane ride here. I'm just sayin.

r, etc)

But please no Grienke.
    What? Did you say extra Grienke... with a side of psychosis? You want that contract super-sized?

NO PROBLEM!!!

What? Did you say extra Grienke... with a side of psychosis? You want that contract super-sized?

NO PROBLEM!!!
    Yeah, when he stands in front of a sell out crowd of 56,000, I'm sure his anxiety disorder will do great!

You know, I used to make fun of the Yankees for trying to buy championships, but failing because they do not know when to close a check book and tell agents and their clients to take their enormous requests elsewhere.

It seems we're on that same boat now. :-\

And another item to add to the "I told you so" column. When we're trying to trade this guy in 2 years because he's gone 8 and 14, and his meds are no longer working and nobody wants him, we'll revisit this post again. (Of course, you'll have people thinking that the contract was great after 2 consecutive dominating outings in a row, put that's par for the course.)

And while the Greinke fail dust settled, we did overlook the signing of Ryu Hyun-jin to a 6 year contract. He had a dominating performance during the WBC, but we'll see how that transfers over to the Bigs. Should be a fun time at the stadium when he debuts, as the So. Korean community does well with rooting on their fellow compatriots.

But anyway, might as well sign Hamilton now for 10 years for $400,000,000. He can be Grienke's roommate. And they can sign Kobe Bryant. I mean, they have the money, right?

And I hear they're trying to clone Ted Williams by taking a sample from his frozen head. And it'll only cost them a cool billion.

Yeah, when he stands in front of a sell out crowd of 56,000, I'm sure his anxiety disorder will do great!

You know, I used to make fun of the Yankees for trying to buy championships, but failing because they do not know when to close a check book and tell agents and their clients to take their enormous requests elsewhere.

It seems we're on that same boat now. :-\

And another item to add to the "I told you so" column. When we're trying to trade this guy in 2 years because he's gone 8 and 14, and his meds are no longer working and nobody wants him, we'll revisit this post again. (Of course, you'll have people thinking that the contract was great after 2 consecutive dominating outings in a row, put that's par for the course.)

And while the Greinke fail dust settled, we did overlook the signing of Ryu Hyun-jin to a 6 year contract. He had a dominating performance during the WBC, but we'll see how that transfers over to the Bigs. Should be a fun time at the stadium when he debuts, as the So. Korean community does well with rooting on their fellow compatriots.

But anyway, might as well sign Hamilton now for 10 years for $400,000,000. He can be Grienke's roommate. And they can sign Kobe Bryant. I mean, they have the money, right?

And I hear they're trying to clone Ted Williams by taking a sample from his frozen head. And it'll only cost them a cool billion.
    ..but I'll take that over Frank's Discount Re-treads any day.

My hope is that in my life-time City Girl and I are able to watch the Dodgers inadvertently win the last game of the season.

Any one wanna right fielder with a life-time .238 against lefties? It'll cost you less than one quarter the asking price of a F-22 Raptor and the seller could easily be convinced to pick up a good chunk of that!

And the cash hemorrhage is ON!!!

Any one wanna right fielder with a life-time .238 against lefties? It'll cost you less than one quarter the asking price of a F-22 Raptor and the seller could easily be convinced to pick up a good chunk of that!

And the cash hemorrhage is ON!!!
    I heard they re-signed The Peanut Guy:

6 years, $120 million. With a right arm that is more consistent than Billingsley's, that's a great deal.

Nancy B also re-negotiated her contract.

4 years, $150 million.

Take THAT, Yankee$.

Happy 94th Jackie!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415