Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: LA Dodgers OFFICIAL 2012 Thread - Brought To You Buy Magic Johnson's Theaters

one word... PATHETIC

I hate to be a hater... but what's with Giant fans and the outrageous costumes? did you see those guys in milkman uniforms in the stands? and the guy in the orange tuxedo?

You'd never see a Dodger fan in a blue tuxedo... except, maybe, at his wedding.

Hurts even more to be shut out twice in front of a peanut gallery like the one at Pacbell Park.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    I hate to be a hater... but what's with Giant fans and the outrageous costumes? did you see those guys in milkman uniforms in the stands? and the guy in the orange tuxedo?

You'd never see a Dodger fan in a blue tuxedo... except, maybe, at his wedding.

Hurts even more to be shut out twice in front of a peanut gallery like the one at Pacbell Park.
    Well, what can you expect when your closer looks like this:

And did you see this gem?! (http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/2012...ear-big-series)

Perhaps we can do that here in LA, although if LAPD undercovers dress up as Giants fans, you better bring a paddy wagon to the stadium for all the arrests you'll be making.

I mean, it could be worse....we could be the Nationals! You know, last place in the East...

Oh wait. Nevermind.

I'm trying to stay open minded, and I keep telling myself that things will definitely turn around once Matt Kemp comes back from his injury, but that means either

1. Matt Kemp is that much of an MVP that his absence is causing such a problem in the offense department

or as predicted....

2. The journey men we get to fill the line up around him (and our lack of pitching) is what is going to be our Achilles heel once again.

So with yet ANOTHER shut out in San Francisco, the Dodgers have lost possession of first place, and have lost Ethier due to an oblique injury.

W

T

F....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dark "Keep Everything I Catch" Shadow
    Brigadier Sergeant at Arms
    BUCKET BRIGADE REPRESENT!!!

www.bucketbrigadeer.com
    Chasing stocking trux and bustin capz. That's how we roll!
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 06-27-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

Well, what can you expect when your closer looks like this:

And did you see this gem?! (http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/2012...ear-big-series)

Perhaps we can do that here in LA, although if LAPD undercovers dress up as Giants fans, you better bring a paddy wagon to the stadium for all the arrests you'll be making.

I mean, it could be worse....we could be the Nationals! You know, last place in the East...

Oh wait. Nevermind.

I'm trying to stay open minded, and I keep telling myself that things will definitely turn around once Matt Kemp comes back from his injury, but that means either

1. Matt Kemp is that much of an MVP that his absence is causing such a problem in the offense department

or as predicted....

2. The journey men we get to fill the line up around him (and our lack of pitching) is what is going to be our Achilles heel once again.

So with yet ANOTHER shut out in San Francisco, the Dodgers have lost possession of first place, and have lost Ethier due to an oblique injury.

W

T

F....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.bucketbrigadeer.com
    I've always maintained that the Giant fans' hatred of the Dodgers, Dodger fans, Los Angeles, and all parts south of San Luis Obispo is much deeper psychologically than any Dodger fan's dislike of the Giants baseball team. WTF is wrong with people up there?

I've always maintained that the Giant fans' hatred of the Dodgers, Dodger fans, Los Angeles, and all parts south of San Luis Obispo is much deeper psychologically than any Dodger fan's dislike of the Giants baseball team. WTF is wrong with people up there?
    This problem goes waaay beyond just kemp being out.

Especially after today...

SMFH

Quote Originally Posted by FishinElectrician View Post
    This problem goes waaay beyond just kemp being out.

Especially after today...

SMFH
    Fear Not!

Magic & Co™ has signed a Cuban!

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodger...,6760728.story

I hope to watch the Dodgers win a Championship one day... with my grandchildren.

I hope to watch the Dodgers win a Championship one day... with my grandchildren.
    It's ok, 2nd place isn't that bad.

I just wish we had a manager that would light a fire under people's a&&es instead of living by this 'aww shucks we'll try to win tomorrow' mentality. If you wanted a guy whose sole job is to hand the line up to the umpire at the beginning of the game then sit on his ås& for 9 innings, you should've hired me or CityDad. I would've worked for free. Could've saved you a few dollars to go spend on a pitcher. Or a hitter. Or anything.

At least I still have the betting slip for the 8 to 1 odds I got for the Nationals winning the East behind a magnet on the fridge. Dunno where my "Dodgers To Win the West" one went....the dog probably ate it.

But, there's lots of baseball to play. That means 3rd or 4th place can be a reality.

www.bucketbrigadeer.com

That's why MLB plays 162 games people! Lets wait to see how the Dodgers play when they are back to full strength not to mention if they can get an actual every day starter via trade or free agency.

The lack of offense without Kemp and Ethier has got to be an incredible burden to the Dodgers pitching staff.

Right now look at the Dodgers current box scores.....It's a bunch of non-MLB starters right now!

-b

Quote Originally Posted by bman90278 View Post
    Right now look at the Dodgers current box scores.....
    I can't. That thing has more zeros than a Star Trek Convention.

Quote Originally Posted by bman90278 View Post
    It's a bunch of non-MLB starters right now!
    Billingsley? Kershaw? Harang? Capuano? Those are all MLB 'caliber' starters. 1 is the reigning Cy Young, and one is eyeing 10 wins. The only odd ball is Eovaldi whose name sounds more like an Italian sports car rather than a MLB pitcher.

www.bucketbrigadeer.com

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast