Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LA Dodgers OFFICIAL 2012 Thread - Brought To You Buy Magic Johnson's Theaters

Default LA Dodgers OFFICIAL 2012 Thread - Brought To You Buy Magic Johnson's Theaters

"It's tiiiiime for Dodger baseball."

You know the drill. This thread will be dedicated to Dodger Baseball only. If you want to talk about your own crappy team, create your own thread. Hopefully we get some enthusaistic Angel fan to create their own, now that they have something to talk about in the signing of Pujols.

Let's start with prognostications, shall we?

The Dodgers will go 84-78, which is enough to finish third in the NL West behind the Arizona Diamondbacks and San Francisco Giants.

NL West:

1. San Francisco Giants
    2. Arizona Diamondbacks
    3. LA Doyers
    4. Colorado Rockies
    5. San Diego Padres

NL Central:

1. Milwaukee Brewers
    2. Cincinnati Reds
    3. St. Louis Cardinals
    4. Pittsburgh Pirates
    5. Chicago Cubs
    6. Houston Astros

NL East:

1. Washington Nationals
    2. Miami Marlins
    3. Philadelphia Phillies
    4. Atlanta Braves
    5. New York Mets

World Series:

San Francisco Giants vs. Tampa Bay Rays, Tampa wins in 7.

NL MVP: Matt Kemp

NL CY YOUNG: Clayton Kershaw

NL HR LEADER: Matt Kemp

NL BATTING CHAMP: Matt Kemp

LOL

OK, no really, let's try that again.

NL MVP: Joey Votto

NL CY YOUNG: Roy Halladay

NL HR LEADER: Joey Votto

NL BATTING CHAMP: Matt Kemp

The Quick Links:

Dodgers Site On ESPN

Execution Dates (2012 Schedule)

Who the Eff are THESE Guys? (2012 Roster)

Gordon Needs a Cheeseburger? (2012 Depth Chart)

We Traded Pedro Martinez? (2012 Transactions)
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 04-03-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Too bad McCourt ran up the ticket prices so high, that I can go to a Raiders game instead, unless i want to sit in the nose bleed seats. Magic if you can hear me. lower the prices on the good seats.

A giants to the world series prediction on a DODGER thread? MODERATORS DELETE THIS IDIOT'S BANTER

"The Dodgers will go 84-78, which is enough to finish third in the NL West behind the Colorado Rockies and San Francisco Giants."

(Yet you have the Rockies finishing 4th....you must smoking Sasquatch dung with CityDad again!)

NL West:

1. San Francisco Giants
    2. Arizona Diamondbacks
    3. LA Doyers
    4. Colorado Rockies
    5. San Diego Padres

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 04-02-2012 at 11:22 PM.

OK just saw the Nationals pick to take the East, obviously this is all a joke....WHEW! ( I hope)

TD

A day late april foooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

First off we need to determine which Angle team we are talking about. Is it California, Anaslime, Los Angeles Angle's of Anaslime or Los Angeles Angle's..

Talk about an inferiority complex. Any team that has to advertise it is "L.A.'s team",,,,, by definition isn't "L.A.'s team"

Sorry for the Angle rant

Your not giving Dodgers cred at all.. Dodgers played well in second half, this team is ripe for an explosion.

Granted Loney, Uribe, both Ellis are weak but the entire NL west is flawed. Not to mention how well this team looked this spring.

Besides, Broxton is gone so there is 15 wins a season by elimination
    The pitching matches well and hitting isn't bad either. I predict if the Dodgers are sniffing it around the break. Look for new management shoot for big help.

Damn, TD, I was apparently smoking rocks when I wrote that. I fixed it for ya! Those pesky government chemtrails must have affected my thinking.

In any case, I think the Giants will take the West this year, simply because they have a deep pitching staff. Pitching wins you ball games, quite simple. When Ted Lilly is your 3rd starter, you've got problems.

This new management is going to need some 'settling in' time and don't think they can make efficient changes off the bat, simply because the next major moves they can make is during the trade deadline. Even if they pick up an arm or a bat, we'll follow the same path as we did last year.

Looking back at last year's thread, aside from the Matt Kemp flailing at curveballs in the dirt prediction, I was pretty spot on with their record , and I received similar "I think they'll be better than what you think" responses right afterwards. I just really hope management just didn't spend their entire allowance on the car, and now are forced to put 89 octane Arco gas in the tanks, if you know what I mean.

Crazy as I may seem, i think the offense will go through Dee "Eat a Cheeseburger and Pump Some Weights" Gordon. If he can get on, we may be able to play small ball and squeek runs past. But, if his OBP mirrors his batting average (which I hope is higher than his weight), I don't think we'll be producing many runs.

And yes, thank GOD Broxton is finally gone. My ulcer is on the mends now that he is no longer on the 40 man roster.

Brox never worried me or had me concerned while pitching.

I simply knew the Dodgers lost that game at that point. I literally turned off every game for a good 8 mos. when he came in

what remains to be seen is what steps, if any, management will take to improve the line-up.

In my view there are, at most, two guys who can reasonably be expected to bat higher than .265, drive in 40 or more runs and collect 10 or more homers... I'll let you do the guessing.

In the rotation I see one pitcher with more than 10 wins in him... and I'd think us lucky if the second in the rotation goes 7 - 10.

Brace for a lengthy Bum era.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    In my view there are, at most, two guys who can reasonably be expected to bat higher than .265, drive in 40 or more runs and collect 10 or more homers... I'll let you do the guessing.
    Juan Uribe and Mark Ellis?

In the rotation I see one pitcher with more than 10 wins in him... and I'd think us lucky if the second in the rotation goes 7 - 10.
    Hey, Chadwick 5Inningsley will get 8 wins, let's be generous here.

Brace for a lengthy Bum era.
    Not as lengthy as being tortured for years by the McCourts.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast