Irvine Lake  Lip Ripperz   Bass Pro Shops   Shop West Marine!  Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   Shop Hunting  SARL / Corona Lake  Team 57 fishing  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  Last Chance Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 150

Thread: LA Dodgers OFFICIAL 2012 Thread - Brought To You Buy Magic Johnson's Theaters

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    the danger zone
    Posts
    4,061

    Default Night of the Living Bullpens that Suck!

    When I said I thought City Girl and I would witness history I had no idea it would have anything to do with Aaron Harang pitching competently. Nine strike-outs in a row. Life really is a cartoon.

    Stopped raining just in time.




    Watched the Golden Gloves extravaganza then made a b-line for the Dodger Dogs. Our tradition is; CG goes with ketchup and white onions and I go with chili and green onions... anything to cover the flavor of the "meat."

    STRIKE OUT NUMBER NINE...

    ...is not what this pitch was, but it kinda looked the same!

    Harang's pitching may have been strangely effective but his bunting was a reliable disappointment! Don't they have bunting Ts for guys to practice on?


    Beauty and the Beast.


    My picture of guys taking pictures of Kemp.


    By the time Harang walked off the field the game looked well in hand. Then the Dodger bullpen dropped trow and pooped that lead away.

    If the end the Sandy Eggo bullpen put on a bigger show of ineptitude and Ethier got a "kitten-style" walk-off. Good times.

    Regardless of the politics, crap and birtching, CG and I had a blast as always.

    And oh, yeah, 5-Oh were rollin' deep, homies. All of them flashing their lights as if to say "Here we are! You better go Ef up where we can't see you!"


    Go BLUE!
    Last edited by City Dad; 04-14-2012 at 11:43 AM.

  2. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    When I said I thought City Girl and I would witness history I had no idea it would have anything to do with Aaron Harang pitching competently.
    That IS historical.

    Aaron Harang not throwing batting practice to the other team.

    What color are you gonna get your World Series shirt in, City Dad?

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    the danger zone
    Posts
    4,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    That IS historical.

    Aaron Harang not throwing batting practice to the other team.

    What color are you gonna get your World Series shirt in, City Dad?
    Home white.

    It was a weird night all way around. We luck into seats in that section a few times a year and there are never any baseball fans down there - just trust-afarians, wannabes and aging d-bags - but that night the guys sitting right next to us were just as amazed as we were that Aaron threw a pair of strike-outs, let alone thirteen. It was fun, but admittedly, we didn't realize a record was set until we got home and read the summary on line.

  4. #44

    Default

    When do we start playing non-AA caliber teams?

    I'm anxious to see how we fare with teams that will be above .500 for the year.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    the danger zone
    Posts
    4,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    When do we start playing non-AA caliber teams?

    I'm anxious to see how we fare with teams that will be above .500 for the year.
    Every year the swallows come back to San Juan Capistrano and every year the the Dodgers are crowned the NL West Champs before May... and sure enough, come late June they are back to being the bums... and by the time the sandbass rolls around they are scrambling to sign the bargain basement leftovers of the league.

    ... but you never know...

  6. #46

    Default

    Hope Guerra doesn't get in the habit of letting 2 runners get on base without any outs when he's trying to close the game.

    If we wanted that, we would've kept Brox-ton.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    the danger zone
    Posts
    4,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Hope Guerra doesn't get in the habit of letting 2 runners get on base without any outs when he's trying to close the game.

    If we wanted that, we would've kept Brox-ton.

    ...and now, your real Los Angeles Dodgers!!! Welcome to the rest of the season.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Corona
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Why all the negativity? Yes they have lost 2 games in a row... but it was to a playoff team from last year, and they have played them very well! I'll take a couple walk off losses to good teams if you keep the score down to 3 or 4 runs. They are still 9-3. That is a pretty good record regardless of who you have played. The Dodgers are beating the teams they should beat and are playing really tight ball with a good team. I'm not saying the Dodgers will win the World Series, they may not even make the playoffs, but they will put up a challenge this year. This is a good step in the right direction.

  9. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crashdavis13 View Post
    Why all the negativity?
    Quote Originally Posted by crashdavis13 View Post
    I'm not saying the Dodgers will win the World Series, they may not even make the playoffs, but they will put up a challenge this year.
    I think you answered your own question.

    Fans usually don't follow their team so they can watch them put up 'challenges' and achieve mediocrity. (Well, unless you're a Rams fan.)

    I follow my team in the hopes that they can bring home the World Series trophy.

    Are there positives? Sure. We can focus on how how Either and Kemp are swinging a good bat, and how some of starters deep in the rotation are surprisingly not sucking yet.

    But unless we become competitive enough to win a World Series, which should be expected considering payroll and the market they are located in, fans might focus on the reasons why we aren't making the playoffs year after year, rather than settling for 'putting up a challenge.'

    Save that for the Padre fans. I'd like to think Dodger fans would expect more.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    the danger zone
    Posts
    4,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crashdavis13 View Post
    Why all the negativity? Yes they have lost 2 games in a row... but it was to a playoff team from last year, and they have played them very well! I'll take a couple walk off losses to good teams if you keep the score down to 3 or 4 runs. They are still 9-3. That is a pretty good record regardless of who you have played. The Dodgers are beating the teams they should beat and are playing really tight ball with a good team. I'm not saying the Dodgers will win the World Series, they may not even make the playoffs, but they will put up a challenge this year. This is a good step in the right direction.
    We're the fans who've been hurt before... we cry the night away with a pack of American Spirits, a bottle of Pacifique and Morrisey on a loop. Just kidding (although I can't speak for DS personally) it's as much fun to complain about your team as it is to gush over them... maybe even more fun. I can guarantee you that deep down, both DS and I harbor the child-like fantasy that Dee Grodon and James Loney are going to have break-out seasons at the plate, but we bury that vulnerability deep under a layer of sarcasm.

    ...and my negativity stays on the board and is never taken to the ballpark.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •