Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 03-29-12 Report and Lake overview.

Instead of being cool and enjoying someone's expert opinon ,you always have to say something stupid,the forum cuts both ways ,,,,,,,,,,and my opion is lower levels makes all the fishing good regardless of the spieces,,i'm glad we didnt get as much rain and snow up north, becuase the lower lake levels are going to the striper fishing this summer and fall epic,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Rick...

I agree completely with what you said about the water level.. I personally truely believe the bite is much better when the water is lower. I had ALOT more spots when the water was lower...Its more of a needle in a haystack thing right now....alot less spots.
    I loved the water down... I say bring it down another 30+ ft...or more heck!!
    As far as bass being on beds since Feb....Your right...and Youre wrong....There were bedfish in Jan this year I think because there were some seriously post spawn looking bass in feb this year...My guess is some spawned deeper in January...Then a legitament wave came up in Feb to officially start the "spawn" as we know it. And I also agree that there will be bedfish/spawn fish until late May.. heck I bet there will still be fish spawning until june this year....Actually no doubt in my mind.....
    One thing is for SURE in my opinion is that DVL is about to get UGLY!!! And by that I mean DVL is on the verge of a full blown EPIC Algea Bloom....and its going to be ugly this year...uglier then last year....Its only April 3rd and the east end in some areas has algea 10ft down already.... I defienetly will be spending the summer at perris.
    And as far as Perris goes....no doubt does someone have a better shot at a 10+ there... Same thing goes with the water level at Perris....I think the fishing is gonna toughen up there once they raise that level... I say leave it!!

Pete

I definitely need to check out perris this year. Any of you guys know how the striper bite has been at dvl? Hopefully should be heading out their this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnsnowboard3 View Post
    Wow it's like that huh. Guess I can't express my opinions. Hell what's the point of a forum then.
    Then stay off it...
    Looks like im not the only one who sees thru your bs....im not on that often, but seems as if theres a general preception of what your about...quit hating and go fishin

I'm curious to know what the DFG biologist's findings are...in regards to how water levels affect the DVL fish

Quote Originally Posted by gamekiller View Post
    Then stay off it...
    Looks like im not the only one who sees thru your bs....im not on that often, but seems as if theres a general preception of what your about...quit hating and go fishin
    LMAO look at you judging again TROLLS SUCK & U SHOULD BE BANNED........

Quote Originally Posted by TimelessFSR View Post
    I'm curious to know what the DFG biologist's findings are...in regards to how water levels affect the DVL fish
    More water spreads the fish out, less water concentrates them.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    More water spreads the fish out, less water concentrates them.
    Thanks kwin....it seems pretty simple when you put it that way. But does this mean that LMB will stay near the shore or move to deeper zones as adjusted by the falling water level?

And as far as striped bass go...do they stay concentrated in specific areas of DVL? Would the drop in water level make them move towards the center of the lake or the deeper west end? Or because of the size of the lake...the stripers will always be on the move and can be everywhere?

Thanks again for any input...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123