Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help With Catfishing At Lake Havasu

Thanks again everyone, very informative. I will post a catch report if there is anything to report when we get back...

If you want some good catfish action over a couple of days, get a pound bag of anchovies, chop them up, then use something to throw them, scattering them over the area you plan to fish. I use a tennis ball tosser that I got for my dog..it's got a long handle with a scoop at the end. You can throw some chum a good distance with it. I used that method one afternoon a few years back in a cove..caught a few, went back to camp, then fished early morning and caught and released 14 more. We were in a boat, but the method's the same.

Live bluegill flylined. (yes it's legal there)

You'll catch an enormous catfish with that, both channel and flatheads LOVE live bluegills. You'll do pretty well with them.

You will require heavy line for this, as 30 lb+ Flatheads are pretty common there. You can also take a live bluegill, and cut it in half, use the head-side of the bluegill. That's also great.

They're tougher than shad, and live in a bucket longer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12