Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Greetings All!

Default Greetings All!

Hello everyone. I am new to the FNN and looking to learn, share and make new fishing buddies.

My current set up is a 7"0 one-piece Daiwa Tierra Rod with a Daiwa 2500 crossfire reel; a 2 piece 6"6' Shimano Sellus with a Shimano 1500 Sienna reel; a one-piece 7'2" Shimano Terez Waxwing with a Shimano 2500 Sedona Reel; and some various cheap combos I have purchased in the past.

I primarily fish off of public docks inside Newport and the jetties in Newport and Dana Point.

My specialty is MAckarel. I guess this is why I am on these boards. I need help upping my game here. I have caught decent sized Spotties and calicos in the past, but off of mussel and clam. I have caught one hali that was like 20 inches too short. I would like to learn surf fishing and or get better at the harbor in Newport/Balboa area. I have had absolutely 0 luck with aritficials in the past 5 years. I bought the waxwing last month to only throw plastics. So far nothing. Lastly, I am a wuss and only use spinning set-ups. Eventually I will learn and get a conventional set-up, but not for awhile.

Help.

Cool

Welcome...
    There's a wealth of information on this site to help you "Up" your game.
    Take the time to read and do the research and there are plenty of people here willing to help.
    Good luck!

Welcome to the site!
    Do you own waders?
    If not they are a good winter investment.
    When the waters warm up, hit the surf and start off with a carolina rig.
    After you get your first barred surf perch you will be hooked...
    Robert
    <><