Hello everyone. I am new to the FNN and looking to learn, share and make new fishing buddies.

My current set up is a 7"0 one-piece Daiwa Tierra Rod with a Daiwa 2500 crossfire reel; a 2 piece 6"6' Shimano Sellus with a Shimano 1500 Sienna reel; a one-piece 7'2" Shimano Terez Waxwing with a Shimano 2500 Sedona Reel; and some various cheap combos I have purchased in the past.

I primarily fish off of public docks inside Newport and the jetties in Newport and Dana Point.

My specialty is MAckarel. I guess this is why I am on these boards. I need help upping my game here. I have caught decent sized Spotties and calicos in the past, but off of mussel and clam. I have caught one hali that was like 20 inches too short. I would like to learn surf fishing and or get better at the harbor in Newport/Balboa area. I have had absolutely 0 luck with aritficials in the past 5 years. I bought the waxwing last month to only throw plastics. So far nothing. Lastly, I am a wuss and only use spinning set-ups. Eventually I will learn and get a conventional set-up, but not for awhile.

Help.