Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SWAT'n The bar HIGH ...Mission Accomplished!

Default Well Deserved!

Lieutenant Bones, didn’t you know that Halibut was supposed to be MY birthday present from Poseidon?

When you called me right after you released the monster Hali, I could hear that your voice was still trembling with excitement. Getting the play by play from you, I felt like I was standing right next to you when it happened and I wished that I was…

You did it my friend, you are the first S.W.A.T. member to enter the exclusive 40”+ Halibut club. I meant it when I told you that nobody was more deserving of this fish than YOU… for many reasons.

You have dedicated years in the relentless pursuit of the prize. Done extensive research and spent countless hours on the sand. You have endured more heartbreaks and mishaps in the surf than anyone I know. Through all the adversities, in or out of the surf, you never lost sight nor waivered from your goals and your resolve never weakened. Most people don’t even know that you are responsible for most of the reconnaissance surf missions for S.W.A.T.
    I’ve had the luxury of benefiting from the intel and the hard work you provided over the years. All the “Paying it Forward” that you have done has caught the "Man Upstairs" attention. Yes Mike, you deserve this my brother… more than you realize.
    Congrats on the epic catch and reaching a personal milestone.

The S.W.A.T. bar has been raised, yet again!

In the race to be better or the best, you are now the leader…

I'll see you and the rest of the S.W.A.T. Crew on Sunday. Time to celebrate!

Look who I caught checking out your big Butt!
    Last edited by Wingnut; 03-27-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Adding pic...

EPIC dude, EPIC... You definitely put in your time, maybe I'll pull my head out of my ***** and start putting in some time myself. Congratulations!!

Wow - an incredible fish !
    Major congratulations bones.

& PS: Awesome on the CPR.
    Last edited by jitsurfish; 03-26-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Wow, wow, wow! I'm new to FNN and have only met you that one time, but dude, this is spectacular! And well-deserved. I want to frame the picture, no so much for the fish, though that is amazing, but because of the symbol of perseverance and respect it represents. Very cool that the motto of the SWAT team is to return to the sea the PB. Super impressive. Again, big congrats. I've got a real goal to aim for. Cheers, fz
    Last edited by frankjz; 03-26-2012 at 01:59 PM.

Mike,

I cant even sort out my thoughts on your success here. That is one hell of a fish there my friend.
    Caught by the most deserving person I know of. 40 years of fishing is alot of time to put in. That
    is alot of experience!! Considering I only have 5, I hope I wont have to wait 35 more years to catch
    a huge flatty like that... I'll be 81!!!! LOL!

I think this is one of the best reports you have ever written to go along with the best catch I have
    ever seen here on FNN or anywhere for that matter. Congratulations Mike!! Awesome!!

P.S. I am so glad you didn't catch that fish in Long Beach. That would have made it too easy,
    like being there at the just the right time. Nope, you searched for her long and hard using all
    of your Flatty senses that guided you to a true conquest. (To me, this makes your fish ten times
    bigger than a fish that is physically measured at 41 "or" 43... if you catch my drift!)
    Last edited by klocked; 03-26-2012 at 02:29 PM.

congrats on a catch of a lifetime...especially from the sand

Congrats Bones ! What a read . That is just awesome you landed that WHOPPER !!! That was HUGE !! Happy for you !!

Mike, Mike Mike,
    What are we going to do with you Brotha?!
    When Arturo called me and gave me the news, I had to tell someone and that someone was my wife...
    Now she doesn't understand all the effort and time you have put into that beautiful fish but, she knew how excited I was and that it must have been a great accomplishment...
    When you sent me the pre-post pictures, she came into my office to witness the beast and she said, "Holy ****!"
    Now you don't know my wife, but she doesn't curse too often. ( Maybe at me once in a while )
    That fish definately makes up for the BSB you lost last year...or does it...
    Loved the report, the pictures and the Man!
    Take care Bro,
    Robert
    <><

Mike,
    Simply amazing! That Halibut is huge. With all the time you put on the sand you deserve that fish. I would have paid to see that catch on video

Anthony

Mike, congratulations on your halibut of a lifetime bro.
    Like everybody said, you earned that fish. I had the pleasure of fishing with you so I know how hard you fish, simply awesome.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast