Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SWAT'n The bar HIGH ...Mission Accomplished!

Congratulations Mike!!!! As I had mentioned over PM I know you have put in your time and not to say that others on the team have not but the fact remains that this fish was hard earned and well deserved. That first shot of you holding the fish is priceless.. You look like an athlete holding his gold metal. Admiring the reward that took years of training and hard work to achieve. Taking pride in knowing it was well worth the effort.. It looks like the middle hook was the only thing holding that big girl on the lure. So the score is new PB, new SWAT Team Record Beach Butt, and BIG BUT leader board top spot.. The bar has been raised guys. It seems like there are a good number of big fish in tight already this season. We have seen several 27" fish plus one over 30" and one at 41".. This season is getting off to a great start and hopefully its a good indication of what to expect for the season ahead.

JerryG
    Last edited by jerryG; 03-25-2012 at 11:12 PM.

WOW JUST WOW that's fricken amazing of you do out alot of effort into something you will have it and I'm sure you can agree with your years of intelligence great job out there

Amazing Job Bones! You are a gifted and dedicated angler. You have been generous and kind to people. In the past You have put a roof over people's heads and food on the table. Even if you had not made the many sacrifices that you have for others, you would still be deserving. But you did do those things and now it is your time brother! Enjoy and God Bless!
    Eric

Mike,

All I can say is that is an ASTOUNDING CATCH! TWO YEARS IN A ROW SWAT HALIBUT KING!!!! When I talked to you on the phone, I could hear the excitement in your voice. Believe me man, I know how much work you put in, and you DESERVE this fish after the years of chasing it. To get it in a new spot is awesome too. The year has started off with a huge bang for SWAT, and hopefully it will only get better from here!

See you next Sunday,

Marc

man you can probably go bodyboarding on it! congrats!

congrats!!!!!!!!
    What a journey and a beauty

Hey Mr. Bones!!

Congratulations!! A job well done Sir!!

You are indeed one of the most giving and knowledgeable individuals that I've ever encountered in the sport of surf fishing, and right now I'm just boiling up inside myself with pure happiness for you and the "outrageous accomplishment" that you achieved in the salt this day!!
    Actually...I am still in shock........A 41" Mature Halibut! WOW!! Thank you for sharing this beauty with all us ...my SWAT Brother!

Mike.....I wish that I (or any SWAT brother) could have been there with you to be your "wing-man" during your momentous S.W.A.T. moment!
    Once again....you have proven to all of us that with..... "persistence" and "dedication".....all things are possible......you always did BELIEVE!

You've dedicated yourself to building a better mouse trap at AO: "Disneyland"....you baited the trap.....and....when the trap snapped!...you welcomed your honored guest! Talk about having the "E" ticket ride of a life time! You have proven that.... "Dreams Do Come True"!

As I read your well written report...I was holding my breath when I read that your "MOBY" made a run out of the shallow trench for the deep water with the out going wash....I was honestly on the edge of my seat and biting off my nails!! OMG!!

I can only imagine the natural high that you are on right now with the gift that presented it's self to you on this day!
    I am so very proud of you and to be a part of your ever expanding life's adventures my friend!

You've definitely achieved "GREATNESS" status here today Mr. Bones!
    For the rest of us....the bar has been set incredibly high and we all just need to follow in your foot steps........and BELIEVE!

A great read and ONE FANTASTIC 41" HALIBUT my friend!!

Well done Sir...well done indeed!

PS...The next time I get skunked!...and I am certain that there will be a next time!....I'll be sure to report it as a "RECON MISSION"! ha ha ha!

SP Dan <"))><
    Last edited by SP Dan; 03-26-2012 at 05:33 PM.

I'm calling it IN EARLY SPRING.

BIGGEST HALIBUT FOR THE YEAR 2012 ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Congratulations Mike. U DA MAN !
    DR

I'm hanging that photo of you and THE LEVIATHAN on my wall! That surf trophy will forever be an inspiration to me... not just for the possibility of landing such a beauty, but for all the effort and determination, with less than glorious results, that lead up to that kind of money shot! It reminds me when I first heard James Brown say how it took him 11 years to become an 'overnight success'..
    All well-deserved cudos to you, Mike...

Sid

Again, amazing fish Mike.
    Looks like you got some nice structure spots to hit once it warms up. I stumbled across some really fishy looking structure the other day as well. But, same as you, nobody was hungry (except one med sized perch). Can't wait for things to warm up again.
    But, in the meantime (especially with the MLPAs), it just means I gotta stop being lazy and take a step out of my old comfort zones to search around.
    Did a lot of walking the last couple times I've been out. Not a lot to show for it. But some of the sights have been great.

As you mentioned, the leopards are in full force doing their thing in the skinny. Don't think I've ever seen that many of them in my life as I did on saturday. Might be time to bust out the flyrod and give that a shot. I swear I found one spot that dropped my jaw like you in your halibut pic. Haha. Musta been close to a hundred of them piled up in a 25 yard stretch of water, about 1-2 feet deep. Never seen anything like it.

p.s., Don't know why you wouldnt let the bucketeer grab your LC to help you land it. I would have gladly taken an LC to the hand and/or face to help you land that. LOL.
    Last edited by midgettosser1; 03-26-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast