Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tubin at Pyramid Lake -- Maiden voyage... (3/24 am)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitts0n View Post
    DKINLA please continue to post your reports! Great j0b on getting your pops out there for some trout buddies!
    Great reports like this make me like coming on this site and posting some reports! Please keep um coming br0 !
    PM'd you my new number, Armando. Holla!

Dkinla, great report, good job in getting your dad on the fish and having a great time! If I were out there with my daughters, you bet I'd have them fish that area for a bit to have some fun, too.

As long as you're courteous about it, and willing to move out of the way, I don't see what the big deal is. It only becomes an annoyance when people fish the ramp area, and then glare at you if you dare launch/retrieve your boat over "their" spot. But you don't seem the type to do this.

Keep the reports coming, and hit me up when the water warms up and I'll take you out on my boat to try for some striper action. (bring sul-lang-tang, haha)

I want to just chime in a bit here..

One needs to remember that the lake management group are NOT Avid fisherman but they DO share a love for fishing and the betterment of the lake..

I know this for a fact personally…

With that being said , they are only human as each and every one of us are, we make mistakes…sometimes misinterpret things..

Bottom line is there was some confusion and miscommunication…they have apologized and moved on which is exactly what is needed to be done…

If one wishes to NOT post on this forum because of that it is their own choice but to continue down the path to discredit them is wrong in too many ways..
    (but I say post away)

Apologies have been made…

The lake staff has driven hard to bring good changes to the lake and continue to do so….

Let’s try to help support them…and in short edjucate them in some of the more detailed facets of the fishing world….which in turn will help them to facilitate proper protocal to run the lake in a more mindful way to lend itself to what the anglers need..

I’ll note I personally am not finding fault in the angler who originated the post…it’s just a little painful to watch some of the things go on and on and shift out of context…

With all that being said (my 2 cents)

Congrats on the catches…if it were me..I’d return with Pop’s and get on some more : )

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by marinate View Post
    Wow, just wow. Someone is missing the point...and it isn't the original poster.
    Yeah, I had the same exact reaction. DKINLA going to miss your posts...

Quote Originally Posted by pyramidrose View Post
    ....all we are asking is that you move out of the LAUNCH AREA!! This is our final post on this thread! We have written an apology and if that is not good enough than so be it!!
    So, what, by definition, is the "launch area?"

It seems that after a few posts from Pyramid Management, I am STILL unclear as what constitutes legal, versus not legal, and quite frankly, it seems EVERYONE there who enforces seems to not be on the same page. Obviously, that's not the fisherman's problem to deal with, but management.

Can you let us know the boundaries that are off limits then since there appears to be no clear definition, even after this thread has run its course?

Can you let us know the boundaries that are off limits then since there appears to be no clear definition, even after this thread has run its course?

Yea that would be the area where you use the launch ramp to launch your boat. I would say if you are tubing go around the docks there and out of the launch ramp area and you would be ok. At Silverwood there are a few in pontoon type floats that anchor (tie up) by the ramps and make it a real pain when trying to trailer boats in the wind there. If anybody has done any kind of fishing for any amount of time I would think they would know the rules and not say well everybody else does it so I can to. Just what I have seen over the years Kinda like tieing up to the bouy lines we know not to do but Any how do not take personal but just my view. Glad you had a good fish day.

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    I want to just chime in a bit here..

One needs to remember that the lake management group are NOT Avid fisherman but they DO share a love for fishing and the betterment of the lake..

I know this for a fact personally…

With that being said , they are only human as each and every one of us are, we make mistakes…sometimes misinterpret things..

Bottom line is there was some confusion and miscommunication…they have apologized and moved on which is exactly what is needed to be done…

If one wishes to NOT post on this forum because of that it is their own choice but to continue down the path to discredit them is wrong in too many ways..
    (but I say post away)

Apologies have been made…

The lake staff has driven hard to bring good changes to the lake and continue to do so….

Let’s try to help support them…and in short edjucate them in some of the more detailed facets of the fishing world….which in turn will help them to facilitate proper protocal to run the lake in a more mindful way to lend itself to what the anglers need..

I’ll note I personally am not finding fault in the angler who originated the post…it’s just a little painful to watch some of the things go on and on and shift out of context…

With all that being said (my 2 cents)

Congrats on the catches…if it were me..I’d return with Pop’s and get on some more : )

Gary
    Very well said Gary. The only thing I would add is I have been told not to fish from the launch area with my boat and float tube and respect that. Been the rules for years. Most people know that but just fish there til the sheriff chases them off.

Quote Originally Posted by pyramidrose View Post
    The person they [sic] you said gave you this information will be dealt with
    She said with a menacing tone.

Pure charm.

Perhaps USFS or whichever managing agency should require concessionaires to attend a public relations seminar or two....
    Last edited by Lady Quagga; 03-28-2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: ....meet the new boss, same as the old boss....

I've got only TWO things to add, and this will be my last re: this thread:

LIFE IS NOT A PROBLEM TO BE SOLVED, BUT A GIFT TO BE ENJOYED.

KINDNESS IS A LANGUAGE WHICH THE DEAF CAN HEAR AND THE BLIND CAN SEE..

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    i've got only two things to add, and this will be my last re: This thread:

Life is not a problem to be solved, but a gift to be enjoyed.

Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see..
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.
    Last edited by Lady Quagga; 03-28-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast