Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tubin at Pyramid Lake -- Maiden voyage... (3/24 am)

Default Tubin at Pyramid Lake -- Maiden voyage... (3/24 am)

sorry guys, I removed the details of my post due to management not wanting reports such as this here...

anyways, for those that didn't get a chance.... my dad had a great time catching his limit of trout this am!

here are just a couple pics!

here's one of his nicer models this am (this was the last fish of the morning and we were heading out):

and a close up at the cleaning station:

Last edited by dkinla; 03-24-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Way cool report,,,,,,,GREAT JOB at the mid

Keep those BOMB reports coming

TRAIL BLAZER

Great job guys!

Note: Is that Adrian in the back ground?

nice one! my dad said you looked like a pro out there on the water... not like us noobs! haha

I think we're gonna try going out a little deeper to where you are next time we head out...

After a TROUT plant is this really fishing???? The RAMP is OFF LIMITS>>>>>>>>>>>>>Some nice 18 Inch trout planted. PLEASE allow them to DISPERSE We are here for the duration. PLEASE allow us to IMPROVE this lake,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The Management ( Mark)

Quote Originally Posted by pyramidrose View Post
    After a TROUT plant is this really fishing???? The RAMP is OFF LIMITS>>>>>>>>>>>>>Some nice 18 Inch trout planted. PLEASE allow them to DISPERSE We are here for the duration. PLEASE allow us to IMPROVE this lake,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The Management ( Mark)
    Mark...

We paid our fishing license fees... we paid our Pyramid lake entrance fee... I paid the float tube vessel launch fee... the state stocks trout so people can enjoy catching them. We caught our limit and left happy. You should really do something about people who poach and take way more than their limit as I observed this morning a few people doing. No sheriffs/DFG at all this am to warn people NOT to fish off of the dock/launch ramp.

I was informed by your staff and the sheriffs that float tubes are allowed near the dock/launch ramp prior to my investment in purchasing a float tube.

and yes... this isn't what I call "fishing" either.. but hey.. what's wrong with wanting your dad (or maybe your own kid) to actually catch a few fish? We were there a few weeks ago days after a trout plant, and my dad spent 5 hours of doing your kind of "fishing" from the shore/rocks and didn't catch a thing... my dad told me this was the most "fun" he's had fishing in a long time... especially at Pyramid...

I go surf fishing all the time and believe in catch/release... in fact I caught/released that very nice 23" Corbina in my avatar pic you see there... my personal best corbina so far...

I don't think you should be concerned about good people who fish following the rules.... and worry more about people who abuse the rules.

It's not even like there are 50-100 people that show up the day of the plant or after the plant to catch all 2500 lbs of trout... For the first couple hours this am, there were only 8 of us there.... and IF everyone caught and respected the trout limit (not having people take way more as I saw this am), then that's only 40 fish for a Saturday am... yeah 40 fish out of 2500lbs is really gonna mess things up for everyone else at the lake.

Why even bother posting in this forum the date when Pyramid plants then? If you really do not want people to show up after a trout plant, then it probably would be a good idea not to post that info. Might as well not let people fish there for a couple weeks at least so the trout can really spread out... then have fishermen catch maybe 1-2 trout after spending a whole day there... so they would really love to come back another time with their friends/family and catch 1-2 more fish?

Anyways, I obviously will no longer post any more reports from Pyramid... the time I spend with my aging father is more important to me than posting to share our experience and then getting criticized for it or being monitored here...

but just a tip Mark/Pyramid management... most of the FNN posters here who actually take their time to write up a nice report, upload their pictures, upload their videos... so that they can share their experience at Pyramid lake or wherever they're fishing... are NOT the people you should be concerned about at all... most of the posters I've either met or talked to here are really nice people who enjoy fishing for recreation/sport AND abide by the rules/regulations that DFG has set forth... which leads me to the following

I ACTUALLY ENCOURAGE the management at Pyramid lake to maybe enhance their enforcement efforts with the Sheriffs/DFG the first 2-3 days after a trout plant just to make sure people aren't taking way more fish than they should. This is where I think you'll save more of the stocked trout population so that more of them have a chance to disperse as you say. I'm always happy to show my fishing license and that I'm keeping with my limits.

PM sent to you Mark.
    Last edited by dkinla; 03-24-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pyramidrose View Post

The Management ( Mark)
    I don't understand what you're saying. Then why post the dates of the trout stockings on here and the DFG site? Isn't the whole idea of the trout announcement is to draw interest to come up there and catch a few fish at first chance? After a few days the bass and birds will be feeding on them and will no longer be in an area accessible to shore fisherman. Not trying to stir anything up, but curious...
    Last edited by superbigfish; 03-24-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Keep posting,,,,,,,,,,,,catching your limits and eating the spoils of all your effort,,,,,,,,,Im sure that there,s a misunderstanding in all this,,

Keep posting,,WE LOVE THIS! Thats why we exist here on FNN,,,,,,To fish,catch,,have fun ,,,and share our experiences in the great outdoors.

Cant wait for your next report,,,,,,,,,,,,probably be a little safer to move out to the end of the 2 launch piers once you get the tubes and the fins figured out though,,,,at least when people are launching boats,,,,,,,JMO.

C,mon,,,,,,go get some more and REPORT on that quality MID action!

TRAIL BLAZER

I would like to APLOGIZE for sounding harsh. I / We do really enjoy having the fishing guys come here. I recieved a call of people netting today on the ramp. I was not in a position to stop this. As you say it's the people who extend over thier limit. These infractions are just the tip . And the ramp area and docks are NO fishing.
    The problem we have is "selective" enforcement by whom ever is on duty. Which usually ends up with people coming to us saying they fished that area before. We are trying to just get the enforcement to be predictable. This way the public has an idea of expectations / rules.
    I again say please except my APOLOGY.
    If you left early then you should have seen me 30 ft. up doing electrical work on the side of the road. ( Not exactly handy to respond to calls about the ramp)

And i'm sorry if my post distracted from a day of fishing with family

Mark

Congrats on treating your Dad to a great day on the water!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast