Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tebow a Jet, Saints fined HUGE!!

Oh, and he is NOT a Jet

Still a BRONCO

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Doesn't belong in the NFL is nonsense.

Just because he doesn't fit what your opinion of a quarterback is blatantly closed minded

Fact is he led a 1-4 team {who was 4-12 the year before} to the AFC west champs. Just because didn't throw for 300 a game or whatever your criteria is for "belonging in the NFL" doesn't erase the facts he earned it.
    A few thoughts.

1. If Tebow was the sole factor in Denver being crowned AFC West Champs, as you claim, perhaps you can explain why on earth Denver management, mainly their GM John Elway (who you can say has, oh, a bit of an idea of what it takes to become a successful QB in the NFL), would discard the Anointed One, to sign a QB whose neck is being held together by his own stem cells, and whose medical condition is of major concern, and has still not regained strength in their throwing arm?

2. Tebow was drafted in the first round. After his impressive resume that you highlighted in your post above, why did Denver not have any suitors, chomping at the bit to trade for, what you claim, is a proven QB that could lead down and out teams to the Promise Land?

3. He just got traded for a FOURTH round draft pick. As I mentioned in point 2, if someone was drafted in the FIRST round, and had the success that he did with Denver, wouldn't it seem backwards to be trading him for a FOURTH round draft pick? Can you explain why his trade value diminished as much as it did, even with his 'proven' success?

Perhaps I did go overboard with me saying he doesn't belong in the NFL.

I guess every team needs a 3rd string QB in their depth chart. I mean, somebody has to hold the clipboard, right?

Oh, and he is NOT a Jet

Still a BRONCO
    Go figure
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...de-second-time

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    A few thoughts.

1. If Tebow was the sole factor in Denver being crowned AFC West Champs, as you claim, perhaps you can explain why on earth Denver management, mainly their GM John Elway (who you can say has, oh, a bit of an idea of what it takes to become a successful QB in the NFL), would discard the Anointed One, to sign a QB whose neck is being held together by his own stem cells, and whose medical condition is of major concern, and has still not regained strength in their throwing arm?

2. Tebow was drafted in the first round. After his impressive resume that you highlighted in your post above, why did Denver not have any suitors, chomping at the bit to trade for, what you claim, is a proven QB that could lead down and out teams to the Promise Land?

3. He just got traded for a FOURTH round draft pick. As I mentioned in point 2, if someone was drafted in the FIRST round, and had the success that he did with Denver, wouldn't it seem backwards to be trading him for a FOURTH round draft pick? Can you explain why his trade value diminished as much as it did, even with his 'proven' success?

Perhaps I did go overboard with me saying he doesn't belong in the NFL.

I guess every team needs a 3rd string QB in their depth chart. I mean, somebody has to hold the clipboard, right?
    I never claimed sole reason they made playoffs. I said he led them. Your a bright guy, you know the difference between the two.. Prater with the bomb field goals, Bronco D did their jobs,, coaching staff changed on the fly with some plays that played to Tebow's strength

Fact is, without Tebow as QB in week 6 the Bronco's would not have made the playoffs or been anywhere near a threat. You know that and so does everybody else. My point was to say he doesn't belong in the NFL and now you say he is just a 3rd stringer is assinine.

He was a 2nd year player last year and most certainly has earned his place in the league where ever that may be and will be determined in the future by smarter football minds than you and I.
    Last edited by cutbait; 03-21-2012 at 08:34 PM.

He was a 2nd year player last year and most certainly has earned his place in the league where ever that may be and will be determined in the future by smarter football minds than you and I.
    And apparently, that place is being backup to a less than stellar QB in Mark Sanchez.

I guess things do work themselves out in the end, eh?

Who gives a crap what denomination they are.

I'd take a Evangelical Satanist Catholic Atheiest, as long as he has a better passing percentage than Saint Tebow, and isn't a 10 yard sprint from getting his career permanently ended by an eager safety.

I mean, look how much revenue Saint Tebow brought to the Denver organization, simply BECAUSE of his beliefs. Do I agree with it? No. Was it a cash cow for the Broncos thanks to the, ahem, 'sheep,' who over looked the fact that this guy shouldn't even be in the NFL, and went out and bought his jersey anyway?
    I'm just waiting for him to be caught on camera with a gay prostitute.

THREAD BUMP!

Doesn't belong in the NFL is nonsense.
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-cut-tim-tebow

Don't see too many teams racing to pick him up....go figure.

My point was to say he doesn't belong in the NFL and now you say he is just a 3rd stringer is assinine.

Apparently those 'smarter' football minds have made a decision:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-cut-tim-tebow

I guess things do work themselves out in the end, eh?
    They sure do, DS, they sure do.

This just in:

Mark Sanchez apparently tried to throw a going away party for Tebow. But, it was intercepted in the flat and ran back for 6.

And quite honestly, the Jets should have kept Teblow. With Geno Smith at QB and that O line, they're going to need someone to pray for them.

Your thoughts, Cutbait? ;-)

And quite honestly, the Jets should have kept Teblow. With Geno Smith at QB and that O line, they're going to need someone to pray for them.
    good one.

The CFL is more than ready for TBow time.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    good one.

The CFL is more than ready for TBow time.
    CFL?

Cmon, man, with all those skillz™ he BELONGS in the NFL!!!!!

That, or investing in chicken restaurants. Which is the same as an NFL caliber QB, right? Right?

CFL?

Cmon, man, with all those skillz™ he BELONGS in the NFL!!!!!

That, or investing in chicken restaurants. Which is the same as an NFL caliber QB, right? Right?
    I think having TBow in an NFL team is kinda like having a Labrador retriever that can juggle - it's pretty amazing to see and physically impressive but at the the end of the day you really need that dog to fetch up birds. I don't think there are many NFL teams looking for a soft-mouthed companion that's good with kids to just lay by the fire during the regular season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast