Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite Seafood Recipe and Food Pics!

Tartar Sauce:
    Finely dice 2 tablespoons each capers, sweet gherkins and black olives, one tablespoon fresh parsley. Add those, along with a few drops onion juice or a teaspoon (or to taste) of finely minced shallot to a cup of mayo. Mix, chill, end enjoy with your favorite fish. Or French fries.

No Fishing reports of late so I might as well contribute to this post as it seams like I have been spending some fun time in the kitchen of late!

BBQ Oysters ala "flyngby"

Needed Items:
    1. Live Oysters
    2. Sweet Chili Dippin'n Sauce
    3. Fresh Shallot's
    4. Cilantro leaves from the garden
    5. Garlic Chives from the garden

A few weeks back my wife came home from the market with some "Live Oysters" that is a requirement for sale in California. What to do with them was my thought and was a little hesitant to suck them down raw.

So now 3 weeks later this Sunday we hit the market again and she insisted that I get some more for tonight's appetizer.

Here is the new and ever evolving product!

BBQ the Oysters over medium heat until they slightly begin to open thier shell.

While at the grill I noticed an abnormal growth on the back of mama that turned into our 7th treat for the evening a little baby "Piggy Backing on Mama"

After grilling the process is very simple.
    Open the shell and cut the Scallop like muscle from the upper part of the shell and the treat will be sitting on the bottom part of the shell and ready to be spiced up!

Shallots, Cilantro and Garlic Chives.

Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce

and completed dish!

I came up with a new way to serve them tonight after all the presentation game that chef's go through!

flyngby's Oyster Shots!

Happy Holidays to all of FNN!

Steve

Last edited by flyngby; 12-16-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by flyngby View Post

I'm not a raw Oyster guy myself, but this looks halfway edible to me...
    Nice Holiday deco on the dish. I'll give it a try one of these days, thanks Steve.

Merry Christmas my friend.

Those look great!!!
    You guys get up here and will hit a place I know of for some killer seafood. Oysters that are so big, they are cut into 3 sections.
    Sushi that in my wife's opinion is "very good"

Do I hear a SWAT Road Trip.
    WWO

Thumbs up Yummy!

Updated food pic from the latest bounty.

Stir Fried Halibut & Shrimp Udon Noodle Pasta with Tofu.

Yummy!

ooh ooh please send some over this way!!!

Thumbs up

Pan seared Halibut over wild rice with Garlic, Mushrooms and fresh Chives. Amazing!

Thanks WWO. I just made it and it was GREAT! My WSB took about 25 minutes to cook because it was so think. No -- I bought it. Great recipe and so easy!

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Thanks WWO. I just made it and it was GREAT! My WSB took about 25 minutes to cook because it was so think. No -- I bought it. Great recipe and so easy!
    Thanks Butch glad you enjoyed the recipe.
    I have had to cut the thickness out of em, by cutting into 1" thick slabs. They cook more even and don't take as long.

WWO

Thanks WWO. I will remember that tip for next time -- and there WILL be a next time! I'm hungry already. BTW -- the leftovers are a great breakfast!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123