Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: revo inshore backlash help please

Quote Originally Posted by Karyn View Post
    Hey, Don't feel bad... I bought a bait caster and I still have not figured it out! Every damn time I throw it, backlash happens. It really sucks! I would like to think that I am a smart one and can overcome the issues- Nope. Still trying.

I have played with the braking system and held my thumb on the line, and let go (playing with it) and it works. Then I go to the lake and throw it and it spools. I have watched almost every You Tube Video. Plus, I am very coordinated, so I do not understand it.

It's official! I HATE BACKLASH!!! When you figure it out, teach me!
    just when i think i have it figured out it happens again, back to square one. one things for sure, my skill in untangle a birds nest has greatly improved.

Quote Originally Posted by stressD View Post
    just when i think i have it figured out it happens again, back to square one. one things for sure, my skill in untangle a birds nest has greatly improved.
    :) Great attitude! gotta love it! Good for you! You'll get it one day... at least that's what I keep on telling myself : )

Don't feel bad. Last week I got a professional overun of a life time. It may have been my worst ever. So bad I had to try and remove the spool from the frame just to get the line off.

Just got a new top shot put on this morning. $10.00 It was time for fresh anyway.
    Last edited by Which Way Out; 03-26-2012 at 12:20 PM.

I am THE official expert on how to get backlashes.
    That being said, since I recently graduated from the Abu Garcia Black Max's to the Revo Inshore and Curado my backlash rate has gone WAAYYY down; so you have a excellent reel. You will lose some distance to gain control over backlash - no two ways about it. But still the reel casts like a dream. I use the 3 brakes but not the "pitch" spring loaded brakes.

What I found made a difference for me is the casting technique: I get better distance, control and fewer backlashes if I use less arm action and just use more "pull-push" with both hands - pull the butt end and push the upper hand to rotate the rod while keeping the rod handle (center of rotation) more or less in the same place. If I swing the entire rod forward I get much more backlash and possibly less distance.

Take this with a pinch of salt; remember, I am the backlash King!

it's encouraging to hear i'm not the only one with backlash problems.

Are you afraid you will get spooled on the revo inshore. From a big white sea bass

Quote Originally Posted by thecalihookup View Post
    are you afraid you will get spooled on the revo inshore. From a big white sea bass
    wtf????????

I think WWO started in with "it might be the rod" and I would like to run with that. Now I am no expert and do not have any thing worth the big bucks. I have a BPS Pro Qualifier rod and reel. I think a BIG portion of my success is that I make sure in what ever type of fishing I am doing, that the rod matches the weight of the lure I am casting. I think it is very important that the rod loads enough to take the "umphhhfff" out of the casting process. I find that if my lure is too light and is not casting far enough I try to compensate by speeding up the forward cast, side casting, and other silly things that don't end well. Maybe try lightening up the action on your rod. If you are casting 3/4 oz lures on a Heavy rod, maybe try a Medium Heavy, etc. Downsize accordingly. If your lure weight is at the bottom of the "recommended lure weight" on the rod, odds are it is not going to load to its full potential. Just another way to let the tools do all the work and not your arm....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12