Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Micro crankbaits, micro jerkbaits, etc-recommend some for me!

I bought some Tsunami ones before
    actually going to try them out today, but i did hear that they do not work to well, at least they were cheap to

according to carpanglerdude these seem to work great..
    so for 18.00, figured it didn't hurt to try them out myself, just ordered them this morning, so hopefully by the middle of next month i can try them out....
    been on some russian site lately looking for very small crank baits as well, around the 1.8 gram range, still have to figure out how to order some...
    I have more than enough plastics, and i probably have around 50 cranks, just like to keep adding to the collection i guess, hoping to try more overseas stuff..

2. Default

The clones of the snap beans seem to swim just as well, both the Tsunami and the generic ones from eBay. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more 'lemons' with them than Snap Beans though....overall, it is not the easiest lure to fish. Really light line, really careful, measured, slow retrieve to find best 'wobble' rate without keeling over (or too slow with no action)

Thanks for the great post and fantastic photos.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    Thanks for the great post and fantastic photos.

Glad it has been helpful. Never realized this threat would be so popular!

Bought all the salmo hornets that was advertised on your blog carpanglerdude
    I have not been able to try them out as of yet because of the weather, rain every other day has blown out the rivers around here, and i really have not found a good lake to try yet...
    I fish from shoreline only or wade in the rivers..
    craftsmanship on these hornets are really nice, I can't wait to try them out though..
    Has anyone tried the daiwa SC shiners?? was thinking of buying the 3/32 ounce ones, 1.5 inches long, figured it would be a nice lure to try...
    Land big fish has a 15 percent sale going on right now, and free shipping after 50.00, thought i would buy every color they had and throw in another lure or two of something else to make sure i got the 50.00 free shipping after discount..
    I am very curious though on the sc shiners, guess i am just a lure whore to, I tend to buy every color someone is selling for some reason...
    I bought all 13 salmo hornets that someone had posted on your blog, for that price, I couldn't pass it up, total was 45 dollars and some change with shipping on 13 hornets =)
    Last edited by Shru; 07-02-2013 at 12:21 PM.

6. Default

Found some more neat lures! The Polish guys really make some nice ones!

From this guy: http://lures-pn.jimdo.com/

Custom, hand carved, and reasonably priced even with shipping (roughly $6 each or so)

http://huntingtheriverking.blogspot....ing-lures.html

I just bought these 3 from that dude in Poland. I will post a review when I get them in a few weeks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_12.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	45552  

BTW, did you order from ebay or through his website? I dont want to keep shelling out 10 bucks for shipping if I can get it all done in one shot. I wanted to try a couple before I bought them all, test how them swim...

Nice Slims. That little shad colored one should be a killer bait at Perris for the big 'Gills and crappie. It probably runs pretty shallow though.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Slims View Post
    BTW, did you order from ebay or through his website? I dont want to keep shelling out 10 bucks for shipping if I can get it all done in one shot. I wanted to try a couple before I bought them all, test how them swim...
    Contacted him directly. Shipping was muuuuuch cheaper.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast