Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Micro crankbaits, micro jerkbaits, etc-recommend some for me!

I noticed a lot of those inexpensive lures at jet don't dive too deep around 1-3' I've never had much luck with the shallow water lures and seem to have more luck with deep divers from 5-10'. Anyone had luck with the shallow water ones in the pay lakes?

The floating rapalas are all shallow divers and I have had some decent luck with those lures. Even got my personal best landed fish at Irvine on a Rapala F5.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    I noticed a lot of those inexpensive lures at jet don't dive too deep around 1-3' I've never had much luck with the shallow water lures and seem to have more luck with deep divers from 5-10'. Anyone had luck with the shallow water ones in the pay lakes?
    It's true, many cheaper lures do not dive as much. However, if you look carefully, you can find a few decent divers.
    I've a little biased though-I usually fish small bodies of water, including tiny streams and pond. For these, I usually don't need a very deep diving lure.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Poxy Boggards View Post
    The floating rapalas are all shallow divers and I have had some decent luck with those lures. Even got my personal best landed fish at Irvine on a Rapala F5.

It looks like you got one of the cicadas that Jet sells. I suggest flipping the wings around on it, to be more like the Megabass Cicada. Let me know if you need any help with that

Has anyone used those little baits from Jet? Seems like when lures are cheap, they roll onto their sides or have no action. If they run true and are quality built, I may buy a few for panfishing.

You don't have much to loose by giving them a try, I will give the tiny ones a try possibly as soon as this weekend and will let you know.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Has anyone used those little baits from Jet? Seems like when lures are cheap, they roll onto their sides or have no action. If they run true and are quality built, I may buy a few for panfishing.
    There's a few quality ones that do run true. There are also a few to avoid. For shallow trout streams and urban creeks, I've done pretty well with the S4-LKA046-45-10 and similar model cranksbaits. They run shallow but have a very solid wobble and work great on green sunfish in the creeks I frequent.

The only model I really feel comfortable recommending for "deeper" spots is the S6-JET0006-100-35 and related crankbaits. It's rated as running to 7.5 ft, in practice, I think it really ran to 4-5 ft. Great wobble, also great for panfish and small bass. Definitely a nice micro crank.

The S3-JETX0002-45-20 and related ones are a little more variable. I like it because it's the tiniest one offered. It is light and some ran true, some did not. It slowly sinks and really isn't for "deep" water at all. However, it definitely worked-it's one of the fews ones that the mountain trout really hit frequently. Also nailed greenies on it. Very small and lightweight lure, looks like a rapala but nowhere near the quality or cost.

Those are my favorites of the ones offered by Jet. They have alot of lures, some good, some bad, but a flexible return policy and fast shipping from the USA.

And no, I wish I could get paid for this post but I won't. It would be great if they had an affiliate program like TackleWharehouse, but they don't have one of those either

8. Default

Just a headsup...the clone Snap Beans are all over eBay now, very affordable and they work great:
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw...at=0&_from=R40

bought 3 different colors of these recently, will see how they are when they arrive..
    for 18.00 for 18 look alike snap beans, I could not resist, thanks for posting the link up...
    I always lurk and read stuff on the board, from Cincinnati Ohio.

I am a huge fan of micro crankbaits, really like them alot...
    I am trying to stay away from the 1/8 ounce sizes for the most part, I do use 3.1 lb dam tectan on a custom built 7 foot, 1 piece rod rated for 1-4 lb test line and 1/32 to 1/8 ounce lures...
    ordered a blank from CTS, a 2 piece, 7 foot 6 inch, 2 wt fly rod, going to have it built into a extreme UL spinning setup...

any other micro crank baits around the 1/16 ounce or smaller size, please post up if you guys have done well with..
    I bought some snap beans last year, didn't have much luck with them at first, kept the 1/16 ounce ones, and was stupid enough to get rid of the 1/32 ounce ones...
    If anyone has them and never uses the 1/32 ounce size, I wouldn't mind purchasing them for the right price...
    I am planning on using super small stuff for the 2 wt fly rod setup if possible.

Do these work as well as the originals? I tried one of these clones and it hardly wiggled and I wondered if they are all like that or if my unit is defective.

UL

Quote Originally Posted by Shru View Post
    bought 3 different colors of these recently, will see how they are when they arrive..
    for 18.00 for 18 look alike snap beans, I could not resist, thanks for posting the link up...
    I always lurk and read stuff on the board, from Cincinnati Ohio.

I am a huge fan of micro crankbaits, really like them alot...
    I am trying to stay away from the 1/8 ounce sizes for the most part, I do use 3.1 lb dam tectan on a custom built 7 foot, 1 piece rod rated for 1-4 lb test line and 1/32 to 1/8 ounce lures...
    ordered a blank from CTS, a 2 piece, 7 foot 6 inch, 2 wt fly rod, going to have it built into a extreme UL spinning setup...

any other micro crank baits around the 1/16 ounce or smaller size, please post up if you guys have done well with..
    I bought some snap beans last year, didn't have much luck with them at first, kept the 1/16 ounce ones, and was stupid enough to get rid of the 1/32 ounce ones...
    If anyone has them and never uses the 1/32 ounce size, I wouldn't mind purchasing them for the right price...
    I am planning on using super small stuff for the 2 wt fly rod setup if possible.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast