Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Micro crankbaits, micro jerkbaits, etc-recommend some for me!

1. Default

Wow, that is definitely one of the most impressive collections I've seen of micro hardbaits. Very nice!

Side note: Bass Pro Shops is no longer carrying the Yo-Zuri Aile Kilfish lures, not online nor in stores.

Default Mira Shad

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Where did you get the Mira Shad? Looks really nice.
    Carpangler, I'm pretty sure I saw some at Turners on E st. I think they're about $10-12.

Where did you get the Mira Shad? Looks really nice.
    I think it was at one of the big shops like tacklewarehouse. They are kinda hard to find, but swim great and colors are amazing.

4. Default

Went in to check it out, some nice Yo-Zuri's but no Aile's that I spotted. Might have been sold out.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've amassed quite a few micro lures that I'll be posting as a review/report soon.

I just picked up some snapbeans today from sports chalet for 50% off.

Intriguing thread. For trout and panfish do these work better than mini jigs? Mini jigs have been phenomenal for me and wonder he these compare. They sure do look pretty.....

Also is there a particular kind of fun factor with these? Mini jigs are sure Moore fun than powerbait for example.

Thanks.
    Ul

7. Default

I would argue that microjigs and minijigs work better, in general. However, fishing ultralite crankbaits and topwaters is incredibly fun. It's more of a fast reaction bite on many of these lures.

Have you caught anything using those snap beans?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Perris_holic View Post
    Have you caught anything using those snap beans?

Snap Beans are amazing. In the right conditions, I've landed loads of sunfish on them. Usually big green sunfish.

I've had best luck with them in smaller creeks and ponds. A lot of guys use them at Perris, but I haven't done as well with them from the shore. The trick with 'em is to reel just slow enough to get the wobble action out of the lure. Too fast and you'll kill the action easily. Good luck!

10. Default

Wow SirBlueGill, that's quite an impressive collection. How do you like the Aile Goby? Has it worked well for you and does it require a slower retrieve like the Aile Kilifish?

Do you mind posting the eBay seller that has those sweet microhardbaits? I really like the stink bug and the beetle lures you posted from him.

I'm trying to get this lure on eBay for a decent price. It used to be sold all over, for $1 to $2, price recently shot up and few sellers have them anymore.
    Some of the Aussie angler forums have mentioned doing well with these generic micro topwaters and I'd love to give them a shot.

Follow up on this lure-please don't purchase it. I got one off eBay and it's basically a sub-surface, fat wobbler. Not impressed.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast