Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Micro crankbaits, micro jerkbaits, etc-recommend some for me!

Now you know why i fly fish. Where can you present size 20 18 16 "micro flys" at effortless distances. Really like those beetle lures.

<"(((((((((>< <"(((((((((>< <"(((((((((>< <"(((((((((>< <"(((((((((>< <"(((((((((>< <"(((((((((>< <"(((((((((>< <"(((((((((>< <"(((((((((><

i cant believe how much some of those lures resemble sand crabs ,now i wonder how they would work for surf perch...

3. Default

I've wondered if they would work well for surf perch, problem would be getting them far enough out in the water on ultralite tackle, plus they aren't very visible in the choppy water.

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    I've wondered if they would work well for surf perch, problem would be getting them far enough out in the water on ultralite tackle, plus they aren't very visible in the choppy water.
    if u want to find out a dropper loop with a wieght on the loop ,lure on the 2ft.tag end.a bright orange color might be the ticket.maybe use my darkside flyrod tactics ,and throw them far enough with my heavy action 8wt.i guess u never know.

Anthony - check your PM

You guys are killing me! Very cool stuff! Anthony-you've been busy! I will be throwing a lot of little lures very soon now at LP. Can't wait. Jigs and bait is fun and productive, but there is just something really neat about catching large panfish on tiny cranks and ultralight outfits.

Yup its a lot of fun especially in the spring/early summer when the bluegills hit the shallows.

I love their spring colors. Cant wait..those days are getting closer.
    Last edited by SirBluegill; 03-21-2012 at 07:55 PM.

My favorite by far for trout is the Mira Shad. The swimming actions is just amazing plus it also rattles. I like how I can throw it without any weight and it still swims around 8-10' which seems to be perfect for trout.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!BlSS!ZwCGk~$(KGrHqEH-DEEtnHGY-GsBLbEY+fp1g~~_35.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	34143

9. Default

Where did you get the Mira Shad? Looks really nice.

This is what I usually carry:

Owner Mira Shads, Rapala X-raps, Rattlin rapala, Strike King Bitsy Minnow, Rapala Mini Fat Raps and floaters.

Yo-zuri Snap Beans, Strike King Bitsy Wigglers, Yo-zuri Aile Goby, Aile Killifish and CD1's.

I use 6 lb test and an 8' rod for the micro cranks due to these guys robbing me whenever I used anything less.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast