Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Shore on Fri...

Default Shore on Fri...

First lure in the water, last lure out, 11 1/2 hours...two strikes, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. A few guys did ok on the drop-shot, which I don't really have any interest in throwing. Saw a few trout caught and several small males crusing the shallows. They seemed a little skittish still. Water was much warmer than I thought. Pre-front, pre spawn, trout stock, good 411 from Sea Addiction and the kind folks at Last Chance...zippo. Good times though. Can't wait to do it again.

BradyG

"A lot of people might not know this, but I happen to be quite famous."

gotta love DVL... what all did you throw?

yep i can say the same. been out there a couple time now and nada to show for. but still love being out there walking the shore line. it a pay off pretty soon...

Stay with it out there on shore...my friend from Hemet landed a 10-14 lmb from the 2nd cove area before the front came in on Weds-CPR. Good luck out there.

I mostly threw Ikas and jigs...when I wasn't throwing swimbaits. I would get to a spot, throw a few times with the swimbait, then toss out the other baits. Been a good technique in the past, but wasn't happening that day. No worries. Good way to spend a day.

Quote Originally Posted by BradyG View Post
    I mostly threw Ikas and jigs...when I wasn't throwing swimbaits. I would get to a spot, throw a few times with the swimbait, then toss out the other baits. Been a good technique in the past, but wasn't happening that day. No worries. Good way to spend a day.
    Just curious,what do you have against the drop shot? Obviously what you were doing wasn't catching fish. The drop shot technique is a virtual guarantee to catch fish yet you say you won't do it? Why?

A valid question. It catches fish, I was not, and I wouldn't throw it. It's just a personal preference. I have used it many times and it does catch fish, but I have never landed a GOOD fish on it. All fish I've ever caught have been 1-3lbs. The fish I've hooked on the Ikas have overall been bigger. I haven't caught a fish on a jig in several years, but the ones I did catch were nice fish. I guess I would rather have a shot at 1-2 (or in this case, zero) good fish than a few smaller models. Still, I can see why many throw the d-shot. It does catch fish.

You wanna know what bait is the absolute best?? The bait that you have the most confidence in, then it hits the water more often then any other bait. You should try the drop shot more often, give it a chance. It does catch big fish and definitely should be in the bass fisherman's arsenal....just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by BradyG View Post
    A valid question. It catches fish, I was not, and I wouldn't throw it. It's just a personal preference. I have used it many times and it does catch fish, but I have never landed a GOOD fish on it. All fish I've ever caught have been 1-3lbs. The fish I've hooked on the Ikas have overall been bigger. I haven't caught a fish on a jig in several years, but the ones I did catch were nice fish. I guess I would rather have a shot at 1-2 (or in this case, zero) good fish than a few smaller models. Still, I can see why many throw the d-shot. It does catch fish.
    Your response was so funny to me. I'm not much of a bass fisherman, but my bass guy in our posse fells the exact same way about drop shooting. I had to look you up to make sure my buddy didn't join FNN and not tell me about it.