Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Not a report yet... heading to Alaska in June, tips??

Default Not a report yet... heading to Alaska in June, tips??

Hello everyone,

Heading to Sterling, AK (just outside of Soldotna) during second week of June.

Never been to Alaska and I am supper excited.

Anyone have any tips or advise on any specific trips we should take.

We are already currently booking a 6 pak halibut trip and a float trip for either native rainbows or salmon.

Thanks,

Jason

Shoot me a PM with your email address. I'll go over some good info for you when we stayed in the same area.

Quote Originally Posted by BiGPaC View Post
    Hello everyone,

Heading to Sterling, AK (just outside of Soldotna) during second week of June.

Never been to Alaska and I am supper excited.

Anyone have any tips or advise on any specific trips we should take.

We are already currently booking a 6 pak halibut trip and a float trip for either native rainbows or salmon.

Thanks,

Jason
    Jason I have been there 10 or more times if you still have my # give me a call I will give you some info and a friend of mine is a Guide for Hali's and salmon in the salt. My biggest Hali is 200#'s on his boat and my biggest King is 67# I have released many in the 50# range ( I usually rent a boat while I am thereand do the self guided thing) Our package was from seattle and would run about $2400.00 for ten days. Airfare, lodging, food, hali trip and boat rental for the 10 days. Call me or PM. I am going to see about setting something up maybe the end of July. This is when I usually go.

See Ya
    Big Daddy

Incredible, sent you a pm.

BD, thanks for the response. I will give you a call soon. I still have your number.

I am incredibly fortunate enough that I will have all of our airfare and lodging covered. All we need to worry about is a rental car and setting up our trips.

Jason

Jason....I know some excellent guides and some areas to fish....I live here.....sent you a PM.

Brian

I'm sure the shallow water rockfishing has to be amazing up there. Why not bring a bass set-up and a few swimmies?