Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *Updated*Dumb question about sabikis

Default *Updated*Dumb question about sabikis

I just bought some, and the hooks have little translucent covers on the back of them. Are those to attract fish? Do they just protect the hooks in the packages? Do I take them off before I fish? Do I use bait with them, or are they the bait?

They are the 99 cent ones from BPS if anyone is familiar with them.

Thank you for kindly tolerating my ignorance.

leave them on... there like a lure to attract fish. you can add bait to them and double your hookups.

that is part of the rig ,leave it on there and have fun .There is many kinds of rigs some with feathers ,shrimp, plastic wings.

The best thing to do is to add little pieces of squid,1/4 inch or so on each hook and they will eat it quick.The squid stays on better than other stuff and you can leave the squid on until you need it again.Just drop it in until the highest hook goes under a foot or so and leave it.They will hook themselves.

Right on thanks guys. Im gonna try and catch some mac to cure for the Legends event/my continued molestation of Lake Elsinore.

For everbody who helped me out on this post- I owe ya a big thanks. I used a little squid on the hooks, and pulled out 5 macs in two hours.

I left early because one of the small macs I caught I threw on a treble and caught my first Halibut. 24 inches baby, I was stoked. Im gonna make a post with pics in the piers sec a little later.

Again thanks guys

Default Re: *Updated*Dumb question about sabikis

Quote Originally Posted by ThemBastards
    I just bot some, and the hooks have little translucent covers on the back of them. Are those to attract fish? Do they just protect the hooks in the packages? Do I take them off before I fish? Do I use bait with them, or are they the bait?

They are the 99 cent ones from BPS if anyone is familiar with them.

Thank you for kindly tolerating my ignorance.
    LMFAO...... :idiot: .......... .......... J/K BRO...... :D

i just bought some blue and white tady 45's, and i was wondering if the paint was some kind of protectant, or do the colors attract fish....should i scrape the paint off?????

im sorry bastard, i just had to....... :D

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad
    i just bought some blue and white tady 45's, and i was wondering if the paint was some kind of protectant, or do the colors attract fish....should i scrape the paint off?????

im sorry bastard, i just had to....... :D
    :oops: :cry: :finger:

Its cool man. If you read my original post I think it said something about "kindly" tolerating my ignorance. My thinking was it may have protected the hooks from getting tangled when they are packaged.

To answer your question- yes scrape the paint off you b@stard!
    :twisted:

Ah just kidding GD.
    :beer: See ya next week at Legends

lol!! ok bro!!! i cant wait....i havent fished it what seems like months......i hope my daughter can hang from around 9 am till whenever we leave the picnic......ok, cya man!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast